Chapter 4- Run Run Run

Hugh lay in bed that night. It was honestly bizzare... the whole day in a way. When Yale had got that card, he had laughed, tears forming at the edge of his eyes, and then he wrung his arm around Hugh's shoulder and promised him a Sprite tomorrow for the candy and the flowers. He had even thrown him a wink. 

But the thing that shocked Hugh the most was who had sent the card. The form still rots in his bag, and yet his name was there. He also knew what it said, in a way. He wondered. Anyone could've sent that card...but how did he know what it contained? His mind was on a spree. His thoughts were wild. He wished someone would give him an answer, but none came, so he drifted away into the mindless world that is sleep.

w̷̛̘̩̪̼a̶̫͋̍s̸̙̬͝ ̸̧͕͓̞̈́į̸̛̤̞̎̐̀͜t̷̙̟̋͛͠͝ ̵̨̳̥̩̓́̐̒ț̶͙̺̔́͋́ĥ̸̞͓ȩ̸͊̊͘ͅ ̴̨̫̱̜̎̃̈́̓w̵͇̳̪̄͒̋r̶̼͋i̵̠̝͓̜̊̇́t̵̻̜̱̼̔̀͆̐ę̸͙̣̅ṛ̷̗͌ ̶͖̠̌ ̷̘̚

The next day was the day that Hugh loathed the most, sports day. Not because he wasn't a fit person, but rather because he had been put in for quite a few races...half the races. He sighed. He could run, sure, but so many times? That was gonna be impossible for him. Covering the other half would be Yale. Yale... he laughed at the idea of running so much, said that he loved running and this was great... how opposite they were. Hugh smiled to himself, before getting up and changing into his PE kit, ready for the most tiring day of his life.

The day finally started, and the forms finally went to the Sports Hall to start their first game, which was naturally, basketball on a half court and netball on the other. Luckily, he was for neither of these things, so he could just chill and watch. Yale stood somewhere off, talking to Wansaf about the Track and Field events. Occasionally, however, Yale watched Hugh, as if to protect him from something, or keep a watchful gaze over him. He had never done that before.

There was no real event that happened in these times. Hugh just watched both games, walking around sometimes and occasionally annoying Elliot. There were, however, some rather... interesting moments. 

Perhaps, he was recalling Brave's horrible attempt in attracting Physica. He tried to show off his 'wonderful dribbling' in a basketball game, to which Physica replied, "Stop twerking,". Or maybe he was remembering the horrible collision between Normina and Dorian. However, Dorian was too smitten to realise that Normina was yelling at her to get off of her. So in the end, Bradley, Aless and Hanaya had to physically take her of Normina ( and for some reason she kept murmuring 'sorry' the whole time, despite not getting of herself. She definately had glazed eyes and dazed the whole time ). Hugh laughed at these moments to himself, funny recollections of the day's event.

The next event was a sport's quiz. Half the class was paying attention to the quiz, while the other half was on their phones, hiding from the teacher's preying eyes. Hugh was one of those that were on their phones, with Yale shielding him, both actively participating for the both of them. 

Break came along. He tried to buy something. They was nothing really good there, so he bought a Sprite and called it a day. Yale had then insisted that they take photos. There was a booth, selling one photo for five. It was taken by a polariod though, so they could keep the photo within. Hugh didn't really want to waste his money on a photo, but looking at Yale's happy eyes and he saw the rest smiling, and his puppy eyes, as he begged him to take a photo with him. Hugh's knees felt weak. In the end, they got two photos. Hugh pocketed one, and Yale pocketed the other. He would keep this photo till the end of his days, Hugh had resolved. The smiling photo of the two, bunny ears on him and Yale with his michievious grin. He was going to cherish it. 

The next activity was Track and Field. Hugh was scared for his life. He could not run for anymore than ten minutes. Both boy had halved the 300 meters, 200 meters, 150 meters, 100 meters and the 50 meters. They had also halved the high jump, long jump, triple jump and javelin. Hugh sighed. This was going to be a long day.