𝐈𝐈𝐈. parker becomes a latin teacher

CHAPTER THREE ——
PARKER BECOMES A
LATIN TEACHER !

┊͙ 🖋️ ˖ . *. ⋆

( "what? do i need to
say it to you in french?" )

        PARKER THOUGHT SHE WAS LOSING HER MIND.

For the last few weeks of the school year, everybody seemed to be playing some kind of trick on her. The students acted as if they were completely and totally convinced that Mrs. Kerr— a perky blonde woman whom Parker had never seen in her life until she got on the school bus at the end of the field trip— had been their pre-algebra teacher since Christmas.

She didn't know when or why the entire school decided to pull the world's most frustrating prank on her, but she wasn't going to be convinced that Mrs. Dodds was never real.

Parker was prone to 'hallucinating' things, as adults would call it. Though this time was different, Mrs. Dodds was her teacher for almost a year.

The only thing keeping her from going absolutely insane was Percy.

As disgusting as Parker thought that sentence was, and she would never directly tell him that, Percy was the only person who believed Mrs. Dodds was real. He was just as confused as she was when this Mrs. Kerr lady showed up out of nowhere.

Parker hadn't really spoken to Percy since the museum, besides the time their teacher forced them to be partners in science class. Even then, Percy got annoyed and called Parker a control freak so they ended up doing their own work while unwillingly sitting next to each other.

And Parker couldn't stop having nightmares.

Her dreams were always either visions of old memories or extravagant and unrealistic visions, which she always figured was a result of her ADHD imagination. But these nightmares felt too realistic. She would wake up in horrific places and Mrs. Dodds made an appearance most of the time. Her evil scowl, black leathery wings, and deadly sharp claws would try to kill the girl.

Parker would wake up in a cold sweat every night. The lack of sleep got to her. It was harder to focus and she already had an issue with paying attention. She had to try extra hard to keep her grades up. At least there's one positive about not having friends, she thought. More time to study.

Her mood also shifted, becoming more irritated than ever before. Sometimes Parker would ask to go to the bathroom and instead just head back to her dorm room because if she didn't, she suspected she'd end up causing unwanted trouble.

She left the troublemaking to Percy.

Even though Parker would be given warnings for leaving classes, she was still enrolled at Yancy Academy. For the first time in her eight years of school, she'd be going to the same school for two years in a row... an actual school.

Parker spent all her free time studying the week before her exams, making sure she knew the answer to every possible question that could be asked. Parker wanted to prove to her aunt Amelia and her stupid stuck-up family that she wasn't just a 'bad kid.'