𝐈𝐗. percy's quest of death

CHAPTER NINE ——
PERCY'S QUEST OF DEATH !

┊͙ 🌳 ˖ . *. ⋆

( "maine's very nice this time
of year." )

PARKER HAD GOTTEN USED TO NOT SLEEPING WELL AT CAMP.

After her dad decided to dramatically claim her and put out the campfire, all the campers headed back to their cabins for the night.

After a brief chat with Chiron, he graciously offered Parker a room in the Big House until the storm cloud hovering over her dissipated, since it would cause 'problems' in cabin eleven.

He also told Parker she was the only known demigod child of Boreas in nearly a millennium. He told her about Zethes and Calais, Boreas's other demigod children, though they were now immortal.

And Parker had heard about Khione, who was the goddess of snow. She couldn't stop thinking about how crazy it was that she had a goddess as a half-sibling. According to the centaur, Zeus would occasionally feel threatened by Boreas— mainly during the winter— so he was encouraged to avoid having any more demigod children.

Then, Chiron disclosed something Parker wished he hadn't: when he discovered Amelia and her in the car, the steering wheel and dashboard were completely encased in frost. The girl had turned half the car into ice... which was the reason they crashed. Chiron kept reminding Parker it wasn't her fault— that she didn't know how to control it, but Parker couldn't shake off the guilt.

She remembered her dad's stupid words again, know that you can do anything you put your mind to. Even what seems to be impossible.

It scared Parker, knowing that she could cause so much damage, but not know how to control it. It just happened to show at the worst times.

The notion of possessing powers seemed incredulous, considering Parker grew up believing magic was a made-up concept to give children something to dream about. Although it did give her a few explanations for weird things that had happened in her life before. Parker had never been affected by winter weather, she never felt the feeling of being cold. And well... all those unexplainable 'incidents' now made a little bit more sense.

She wandered back out to the woods once everyone was asleep. A part of her was hoping maybe she'd encounter her dad in person, though she knew that wasn't going to happen. The scenery also remind her of her true home, back in Quebec.

Camp Half-Blood looked deserted at night. Parker wasn't quite sure what time it was, though she was certain it was well past midnight. It was especially dark in the woods, the tall trees blocking most of the moonlight.

Parker didn't know where she was going, though she'd rather walk around aimlessly than lay wide awake in a bed that did not belong to her.

Except she ended up falling asleep in the forest. She didn't mean to, she didn't even recall laying down to go to sleep, which meant she must have been exhausted.

In Parker's dream, she was back in that void of darkness. Although this time thick fog whirled around her.

"Parker." That same dark voice whispered, a chilling breeze brushing against her consciousness.

She tried to focus on what was ahead of her. Through the mist, Parker could see a towering figure approaching. The being exuded an aura of malevolence, his eyes glowing with ancient hatred.