𝐕𝐈. percy jackson, god of toilet water

CHAPTER SIX ——
PERCY JACKSON,
GOD OF TOILET WATER !

┊͙ 🚽 ˖ . *. ⋆

( "are there a lot of kids
who never get claimed?" )

        ANNABETH WAS GOING TO DRIVE PERCY CRAZY.

First, she started rambling about how she 'couldn't believe she thought he was the one'... whatever that meant.

Then she explained how monsters don't actually ever die, and instead just respawn like a video game. Though most times it takes many years, even several decades. They called Furies like Mrs. Dodds Kindly Ones here. Like Percy had heard Grover and Mr. Brunner— at the time— talking about. He didn't really get why it was so bad to call living things by their names.

"Why do I have to stay in cabin eleven, anyway?
Why is everybody so crowded together? There are plenty of empty bunks right over there."
Percy pointed to the first few cabins, and Annabeth turned pale.

"You don't just choose a cabin, Percy. It depends on who your parents are. Or... your parent." She stared at Percy, waiting for him to get it.

"My mom is Sally Jackson," He said. "She works at the candy store in Grand Central Station. At least, she used to."

"I'm sorry about your mom, Percy. But that's not what I mean. I'm talking about your other parent. Your dad."

"He's dead. I never knew him." Percy said. He noticed Parker let out a heavy breath and turn away from them.

Annabeth quickly sighed. She'd had this conversation before with other kids. "Your father's not dead, Percy."

"How can you say that? You know him?"

"No, of course not."

"Then how can you say—"

"Because I know you. You wouldn't be here if you weren't one of us."

"You don't know anything about me."

"No?" She raised an eyebrow. "I bet you moved around from school to school. I bet you were kicked out of a lot of them. Diagnosed with dyslexia. Probably ADHD, too."

Parker snapped back around to face Annabeth. "How..." She trailed off, then quickly realized that nothing around here really made sense. Then she looked at Percy like she hadn't known he had been through the same thing, moving schools every year. Percy figured it was obvious since they met at a school meant for troubled kids. "What does that even have to do with my dad being alive?" She asked.

There was a hint of sadness behind the frustration in her eyes and Percy noticed it. He remembered Grover telling him both her parents died, but it was clear to him that she had been told about her still-living dad before now.

"Taken together, it's almost a sure sign. The letter floats off the page when you read, right? That's because your mind is hardwired for ancient Greek. And the ADHD— you're impulsive, can't sit still in the classroom. That's your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they'd keep you alive. As for the attention problems, that's because you see too much, not too little. Your senses are better than a regular mortal's. Of course, the teachers want you medicated. Most of them are monsters. They don't want you seeing them for what they are." Annabeth explained quickly.

"You sound like... you went through the same thing?" Percy said.

"Most of the kids here did. If you weren't like us, you couldn't have survived that Minotaur, much less the ambrosia and nectar."