𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. anyone need a waterbed?

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ——
ANYONE NEED A WATERBED ?

┊͙ 🛏️ ˖ . *. ⋆

( "i'm sure we can find some
nuts somewhere." )

THE SANTA MONICA PIER WAS THEIR NEXT STOP.

Back in St. Louis, Percy had been told— while he was underwater— to meet his father there. And a request from the gods wasn't something a few short half-bloods could ignore.

They had found a taxi and Annabeth paid with her LotusCash card and promised the driver he could keep it if he got them to their destination as fast as possible.

And Parker passed out in the car.

Not because of the taxi driver's intense speeding and recklessness, but because a certain Titan deemed this situation as a great time to invade her mind... again.

Parker barely had time to register what was happening before her mind became foggy and her eyes unwillingly closed.

Fortunately, she was already sitting— squished in the middle seat between Grover and Percy, while Annabeth sat next to the driver— so there was no dramatic collapse to the floor.

Unfortunately, her body slumped over, falling against Percy's side.

Percy flinched from the unexpected impact, before realizing the girl was no longer awake. "Parker?" He tried to shove her away with his shoulder, which was unsuccessful.

"Did she just faint?" Grover asked.

"I don't know!" Percy exclaimed, poking Parker's forehead in an attempt to wake her.

Annabeth looked back and held in a laugh at the sight of Percy's flustered face. "Maybe she's just tired. Leave her be."

"But—" Percy started to argue, but gave up immediately. He sighed and awkwardly looked out the window as Parker's body leaned against his, her head resting on his shoulder.

In her dream, Parker opened her eyes to be greeted by nothingness. Per usual.

In the dark void, the air was thick with the scent of ancient power, and shadows danced around her. Amongst the darkness, a figure emerged, tall and imposing, with eyes that glowed like dying embers.

"Parker," the voice rumbled through her mind. She didn't respond and instead waited for him to continue. "I hope you've got a plan to account for the valuable time you've lost. You are to get the bolt to me tonight. If it requires pushing Percy Jackson into Tartarus yourself, then so be it. I chose you for a reason. You are special, child."

Kronos's voice echoed with a power that made Parker tremble. Her heart raced with a mix of awe and dread. Growing up, she had always felt different than her peers,but now it seemed that her fate was intertwined with powers far beyond her understanding.

She asked a question that she could easily guess the answer to, but the words left her mouth nonetheless. "Can a demigod even survive Tartarus?"

A series of strange noises erupted from the Titan's mouth that sounded like bones cracking.

Then Parker realized he was manically laughing.

"I have stirred in the depths of Tartarus for longer than you can even comprehend, child. Not once have I ever seen a godling make it out alive. And Percy Jackson will not be the first." Kronos spoke.