𝐗𝐈𝐕. unintentional partners in crime

CHAPTER FOURTEEN ——
UNINTENTIONAL PARTNERS
IN CRIME !

┊͙ 🚔 ˖ . *. ⋆

( "less fighting,
more getting blasted with fire." )

        PARKER WAS ON THE VERGE OF ANOTHER EXISTENTIAL CRISIS.

It scared her how much she didn't know about herself. There was so much she was capable of, yet she didn't know about any of it until it happened.

You won't be needing those. She remembered Chiron's words. Parker guessed this is what the centaur meant when he said she wouldn't need Luke's flying shoes.

Though she was still unsure of how to work a pair of wings, so it took her longer than she'd like to admit to reach the ground safely.

But at least she was alive. Parker wasn't sure if she could say the same about Percy, since he still hadn't resurfaced.

Annabeth and Grover found her on the docks by the river and ran over with looks of complete astonishment on their faces. "Parker! You can fly!" Grover exclaimed.

Parker mentally cursed, wishing they hadn't seen that. The small dark purple wings still protruded out from her back. Disparaître, she repeated in her mind until the wings disappeared.

"How didn't we think of that sooner?" Annabeth said. "Boreas is literally nicknamed the winged god."

Thankfully, Grover decided to quickly change the subject. Parker didn't want to talk about her dad or her new scary wings anymore. "Where's Percy?"

Parker pointed to the river. Annabeth and Grover's mouths fell open. "And he's alive?" Annabeth questioned.

"How am I supposed to know? He just kinda looked at me and jumped out of the world's largest arch without any further information. I'd like to assume he's having a little family reunion down there."

Grover looked like he was about to throw up all the tin cans he had eaten. He glanced nervously at Annabeth. "Know anything about people surviving six-hundred-foot falls?"

Annabeth frowned and said, "Only that it's fatal." Which didn't help Grover's anxiety.

"His dad is Poseidon... maybe the water was like a big pillow cushion for him," Grover said, sounding more like he was trying to convince himself rather than anyone else.

"Well..." Parker hung her arms over the railing of the dock. "Let's wait and find out."

Grover and Annabeth reluctantly followed. "So, what happened?" Annabeth questioned. "We were only gone for like... five minutes."

Parker sighed. "The old lady and her Chihuahua. Or I guess, Echidna and her Chimera."

"Echidna. The mother of all monsters?" Annabeth stated, partially in disbelief. The brunette nodded in response. "And you guys fought the Chimera and blew up the Gateway Arch in the process?"

"Less fighting, more getting blasted with fire." Parker turned so they could see her back, the fabric of the shirt now tattered with burnt holes. She didn't mention the fact that Percy had tried to fight the monster, while she didn't do much but save a few civilians.

The sounds of helicopters above stopped her from saying more. Police sirens approached from a distance, along with every other emergency vehicle one could think of. Crowds formed all around, trying to get an explanation as to why the Gateway Arch was smoking. "Oh, gods. That's not good."