Chapter 1 : Ninja World Gold List

The Land of Fire, Konoha Village.

Not far from the Hokage Rock, a vast arena stood as the grandest gathering place within the village, with the capacity to accommodate tens of thousands of spectators at once.

Currently, within this arena, the final round of the Chūnin Exams was unfolding.

The final round preliminaries consisted of four matches.

The first match featured Konohagakure's Uzumaki Naruto facing off against Konohagakure's Hyuga Neji.

The second match involved Sunagakure's Gaara pitted against Konohagakure's Uchiha Sasuke.

The third match showcased Sunagakure's Kankuro against Konohagakure's Aburame Shino.

Lastly, the fourth match highlighted Sunagakure's Temari challenging Konohagakure's Nara Shikamaru.

In the initial match, Uzumaki Naruto, the vessel of the Nine-Tails fox, performed brilliantly and triumphed over Hyuga Neji, a prodigious talent from the branch family of the Hyuga clan, a prestigious noble family of Konoha. The audience roared with excitement.

However, during the second match, contestant Uchiha Sasuke was conspicuously absent, leading to his disqualification according to the regulations. Yet, under the "goodwill" suggestion of the "Fourth Kazekage," the match was postponed.

In the third match, Kankuro opted to abstain, resulting in the direct progression to the fourth and final match.

"I concede!"

Following a battle that was not fervently intense but abounded with strategic highlights, Nara Shikamaru skillfully employed his Shadow Imitation Technique to control Temari. With a raised left hand, he signaled his surrender.

This spectacle left the audience stunned.

After meticulously calculating and demonstrating his wisdom, he successfully employed a secret technique to ensnare his opponent, yet he chose to forfeit?

It was an unexpected turn of events.

"Nara Shikamaru concedes defeat. The victor is Sunagakure's Temari!" Genma Shiranui, his voice resonating through the arena, declared the result, accompanied by an approving gaze cast upon Shikamaru.

In reality, aside from most commoners and some Genin, the majority of the ninjas present expressed their appreciation for Shikamaru's decision.

The Nara family was indeed known for their intellect.

Based on the display he just showcased, Shikamaru possessed a higher likelihood of ascending to the rank of Chūnin than both Hyuga Neji and Uzumaki Naruto.

"It's quite regrettable, don't you think, Ran-kun?"

Observing Shikamaru who was leisurely tending to his muscles and bones, Ino Yamanaka, his teammate, understood the situation, yet she couldn't help but feel a sense of pity.

After striking Akimichi Chōji playfully, she directed her gaze towards the young man on the opposite side, hoping to glean his agreement.

The teenager wore a pristine white shirt accompanied by black trousers. His fair skin was graced by delicate features and short black hair. Black-rimmed glasses adorned his face, and his eyes, as dark as the night sky, radiated a warm and gentle smile. An air of approachable charm surrounded him, rendering him quite appealing to the opposite gender, evident from the numerous glances he garnered from women nearby.

"What a waste indeed."

The youth offered a gracious nod, turning slightly to regard Ino.

In that moment, a breeze swept by, carrying with it a faint whiff of soap from the boy's shirt.