Chapter 2 : Hidden Village's Reaction

"Lord Hokage!"

At the side of the grand arena in Konoha Village, two ANBU operatives knelt before Third Hokage Sarutobi Hiruzen.

"Lord Rasa!"

Sand Shinobi Elite Jōnin Baki led a group of ninja to the side of "Fourth Kazekage," raising an inquiring brow.

"It's not an illusion. Just wait and observe," Baki reassured his comrades.

The man masquerading as the "Fourth Kazekage," Orochimaru in disguise, remained absorbed in watching the Ninja World Gold List. His vertical pupils, concealed beneath his hat's brim, brimmed with curiosity and excitement. With a playful smile, he spoke.

"Indeed." Baki comprehended and withdrew with his group.

Hiruzen Sarutobi caught snippets of conversation between the impersonated "Fourth Kazekage" and his followers. He narrowed his eyes as he contemplated, then issued an order.

"Monitor the situation closely and summon Ran."

"Understood!" An ANBU operative stepped back.

Orochimaru, having overheard Hiruzen's words, turned slightly and commented, "Third Hokage, you're calling forth the Black Flash at this moment. Seems like he intends to groom this young disciple to be the Fifth Hokage?"

"Heh, the Fifth Hokage position is still far ahead. The youth needs opportunities to grow," Hiruzen took a contemplative puff from his pipe, his eyes half-lidded in satisfaction.

The time for his patience had finally arrived, now that the attention of all was captured by the ninja world's Gold List.

"Indeed..." Orochimaru nodded noncommittally, his attention once again drawn to the Ninja World Gold List.

Amidst this, a voice emerged.

Seeing the name, no one was taken aback.

[Fourth Raikage Ai: Is this for real or just a mirage? The globally displayed Ninja World Gold List, does even old Onoki have a spot there?]

Cloud Shinobi Village in the Land of Thunder.

The Raikage's office, a circular edifice nestled amidst high and low canyons.

A gaping hole marred the ceiling, and beside it stood a brawny middle-aged man with short, unruly yellow hair, exuding a potent aura.

This figure was none other than Cloud Shinobi Village's Fourth Raikage, Ai, renowned across the ninja world for his recklessness.

At this moment, he stared at the Ninja World Gold List, his eyes riddled with suspicion and caution.

Upon appearing on the Gold List, he activated his Lightning Style's chakra armor, confirming that this wasn't an illusion.

"Boss!" Raikage's secretary, Mabui, and his aide, Darui, leaped onto the roof and approached Fourth Raikage Ai.

[Onoki: Fourth Raikage, Young Ai, your granddaddy's here!]

Ever since the Third Ninja World War, where Stone Village had betrayed both Konoha and Cloud Shinobi Village, leading to the death of Fourth Raikage's father, Third Raikage, their relationship had been bitter and full of resentment.

"Kitsuchi, looking at your expressions, it's obvious this old man's eyes ain't failing me."

"Just to be sure, Akatsuchi, take some personnel to investigate within the village, and the Kitsuchi, deploy Anbu to neighboring towns near Kirigakure to ascertain the situation of a Genin from the Gold List."