Chapter 20 : Origin of Ninjustu

Ever since Uzumaki Kushina saw Naruto possess Senju physique on the Gold List, she had been deep in thought.

Her son, born of her and Minato, had either inherited Minato's remarkable reflexes or the robust Uzumaki clan constitution. How could he possess a Senju physique?

As for any inheritance from Namikaze Minato, that was impossible.

Back then, she hadn't grasped it, but now, with maturity, she understood. Whether it was the downfall of the Uzumaki clan in the Land of Whirlpools or her fortuitous rescue by Konoha, they were all shrouded in darkness.

Her destiny was to step in for Uzumaki Mito as the host for the Nine-Tails. Not just anyone could approach her.

Namikaze Minato's ability to become her childhood sweetheart, eventually uniting with her, was one aspect. His acceptance as Jiraiya's apprentice contributed, but crucially, he was a commoner.

Sarutobi Hiruzen had investigated Namikaze Minato's lineage and the his ancestry had no connection with the Senju clan.

"Why does Uzumaki Naruto possess a Senju physique?" Uzumaki Kushina's question brought this matter to the forefront, capturing many people's attention.

Descendant of the Uzumaki clan, yet possessing a Senju physique.

Even though the Senju clan and the Uzumaki clan were distant kin, it was still rather perplexing.

[Terumi Mei: I have a daring theory.]

[Onoki: Are your thoughts aligned with mine?]

[Fourth Raikage Ai: What kind of riddles are you creating?]

[Senju Hashirama: Why can't I comprehend this?]

[Uchiha Madara: You're simply stupid, Hashirama.]

[Uzumaki Mito: Silence, old man!]

A collective gasp echoed across the ninja world.

The god of the ninja world were always in conflict.

Were they really always behaving like this?

Was Konoha truly so chaotic?

[Uzumaki Kushina: Ah, I see. Minato, are you saying you secretly got involved with other women? Could it be Lady Tsunade?]

[Jiraiya: What?!]

[Tsunade: Kushina, what are you saying?]

[Namikaze Minato: Kushina, Naruto was born in October...]

[Uzumaki Kushina: Are you implying I've been unfaithful?]

[Namikaze Minato: My mistake, Kushina!]

Inside the sealed space, Namikaze Minato promptly apologized.

An angry woman was not one to trifle with.

Those words were mere jests—Uzumaki Kushina was just seizing an opportunity to direct her anger at him.

Ultimately, he was the husband she had chosen, and she didn't want to resort to murder.

"If I get a chance, I'll give Third Generation a thrashing... No, it's old Sarutobi. How does that sound, venting our anger on Sarutobi?" Namikaze Minato attempted to gauge.

An infuriated wife was not a simple matter.

"You had better remember this promise!" Uzumaki Kushina threatened, raising her fist.

"Absolutely, I'll remember!" Namikaze Minato nodded fervently.

As for the jibe at Third Generation.

While the rest might be gone, Sarutobi still remained. What chances did he truly have?

It was all in jest.

However, soon Namikaze Minato would discover that certain flags should not be tampered with.

"Hmph, I'll let you off this time."

Uzumaki Kushina playfully rolled her eyes, then said, "You should ask the Fifth Generation why Naruto has a Senju physique; otherwise, people might actually believe you're wearing a hat."

That teasing tone prompted a twitch in Namikaze Minato's mouth.

He wanted to retort that with her temper, no one dared do anything to her but him.

[Namikaze Minato: Ahem, Fifth Generation, your knowledge is extensive. Can you analyze this situation?]

Sarutobi Hiruzen almost spat blood upon seeing this message.

Uchiha Ran was now being referred to as "Fifth Generation," a stand-in Hokage at best—hardly a true Hokage of a generation!

"I do have a hypothesis about that."

Glancing at the Gold List, noting there was a minute left before the List continued, Uchiha Ran didn't hesitate to share.

"As we know, Chakra's Nature Transformation falls into seven types: fire, wind, lightning, earth, water, yang, and yin. Most are single-affinity like fire, wind, lightning, earth, and water, while only a few have Chakra affinities in both yang and yin."

"Most of the physical-based jutsu are associated with yang affinity, collectively known as yang release. For instance, my Konoha's Akimichi clan's Expansion Technique and my senior Tsunade's Senju clan's Chakra Enhanced Strength, medical ninjutsu, and such."

"Spirit-based jutsu, on the other hand, belong predominantly to yin affinity, or yin release. These include genjutsu, the secret techniques of the Yamanaka clan, the Nara clan's secret arts, and so forth."

Uchiha Ran began delving into the intricacies of the ninjutsu.

These revelations weren't secretive—Naruto had undergone wind-nature training under Yamato to enhance his Rasengan, for instance. These principles were common knowledge.

Yet, even if these concepts were understood, the exclusive techniques of the major clans weren't easily duplicated. Each secret technique had a unique core. Mastery required not just talent and method, but background too.

This is why they were referred to as "secret" arts.

"The following is my personal deduction and analysis."

Uchiha Ran paused briefly before continuing, "Based on my research, ninja arts trace their origin to the ninja sect, founded by the Sage of the Six Paths, then passed down to his progeny."

"The Senju and Uzumaki clans descend from these descendants of the Sage of Six Paths."

This declaration shocked the entire ninja world.

The revelation that ninja arts and ninjutsu stemmed from the ninja sect, which was initiated by the Sage of Six Paths?

The once prominent Senju and Uzumaki clans were, in fact, offspring of the legendary Sage of Six Paths?

Somewhere in a distant realm.

Ōtsutsuki Hamura heard Uchiha Ran's words through the Gold Listll, and reminiscence filled his eyes.

"Big brother, your descendants have truly risen. After a thousand years, they've unraveled and analyzed so much."

Ōtsutsuki Hamura's voice resonated and Sage of Six Paths replied.

"Yes, indeed."

"It's a pity that he was born three years early, otherwise he would have been the reincarnation of Indra!"