Chapter 10 : Hyuga Neji

To learn Taijutsu, Uchiha Ran and Might Guy had established a strong bond. He had also forged friendships with characters like Ino, Neji, and Tenten, particularly forming a close connection with Neji.

After being defeated by Naruto and following the revelation of Hyuga Hizashi's sacrifice, Neji's animosity towards the Hyuga clan had waned. However, he still aspired to determine his own destiny.

"Neji, are you planning to break free from the Caged Bird Seal? Do you intend to betray the family?" Uchiha Ran inquired, before the Hyuga clan's elders could speak up, their concern evident.

From their perspective, Neji's actions could set a precedent, potentially encouraging others to challenge the Caged Bird Seal. This could lead to a loss of control and make the branch house vulnerable.

"Calm yourselves, esteemed elders," Hyuga Hiashi interjected, addressing their apprehension. He had reservations about the Caged Bird Seal system, despite its protective aspects, as it maintained a degree of isolation for the branch family. While he couldn't outright overturn it, he was willing to help Neji if there was a chance to break free.

"Neji, listen to my proposal, choose two!" Uchiha Ran whispered into Neji's ear, his eyes gleaming with wisdom.

Neji's eyes sparkled with intrigue. "For real?" he asked.

"Do you think I'd deceive you?" Uchiha Ran replied with a smile.

"Alright," Neji consented, putting his trust in Uchiha Ran. "I choose two."

Viewers witnessing the live broadcast saw a beam of light descend upon Neji, vanishing shortly after. The visible transformation in Neji's Byakugan reassured the Hyuga clan's elders, regardless of Uchiha Ran's words.

Meanwhile, Hyuga Hiashi's excitement was palpable. "Could it be...?" he began to ask Uchiha Ran.

"Yes, the process was successful. We can discuss it further when we have the chance," Uchiha Ran affirmed, his smile indicating his satisfaction.

This exchange intrigued many, highlighting an unconventional connection between Uchiha Ran and the Hyuga clan's head. It hinted at a hidden history and alliances.

The elderly Sarutobi Hiruzen found himself puzzled by his apprentice's increasingly enigmatic behavior. Uchiha Ran's capabilities were transcending his grasp.

"After today, certain arrangements need to be made," Sarutobi Hiruzen mused to himself, recognizing the necessity for adjustments.

Unaware of the thoughts swirling around him, Uchiha Ran advised Hyuga Natsu, "Natsu, kindly delay your decision for a while."

"Yes, Ran-sama," Hyuga Natsu consented, adhering to his suggestion.

Observers were baffled by Uchiha Ran's intentions.

The Gold List chat section buzzed with speculation and curiosity.

"Neji, have you felt the new abilities of the Byakugan?" Uchiha Ran inquired, his gaze penetrating.

A new ability? The viewers were intrigued. Could the Byakugan evolve further?

"Kid, you think the Byakugan is akin to the Sharingan?" a Hyuga clan elder scoffed, his animosity rooted in both his rivalry with Hiashi and Uchiha Ran's newfound Uchiha lineage.

Uchiha Ran, surprisingly, affirmed the question. "Indeed."

"Really..." the elder began to sneer.

Before he could utter more, Neji solemnly confirmed, "Yes."

"What!?" The audience was taken aback.

Orochimaru displayed a keen interest, while Sarutobi Hiruzen's gaze deepened.

Thoughts buzzed throughout the ninja world.

"Ridiculous, those of the branch house are truly foolish," the skeptical Hyuga elder taunted.

However, he was met with a piercing stare from Neji.

"Byakugan: Coercion!" Neji declared impassively.

In an instant, a formidable pressure radiated from Neji's eyes.

"Boom!"

Sasuke, Naruto, Shikamaru, Haruno Sakura, and others involuntarily staggered, their minds reeling. Uchiha Ran himself felt the weight of the oppressive aura.

This mental pressure seemed tangibly potent, capable of inflicting substantial harm.

"If Neji were strong enough, this technique could even cause ninja to faint," Uchiha Ran commented as the display unfolded.

"What manner of jutsu is this?" Hyuga Wende, the senior clan member, gasped, taking several steps back. He was unaware of this ability of the Byakugan.

" As expected," Uchiha Ran nodded in approval, almost anticipating the result.

"Ran-kun, do you comprehend this?" Hyuga Hiashi inquired, while the collective gaze shifted to Uchiha Ran.

Throughout the ninja world, including those in the Pure Land, all eyes were fixed on the live broadcast.

"I do. It's a confirmation of my hypothesis," Uchiha Ran replied with a chuckle, his demeanor relaxed.

"Since the list's announcement, I speculated on potential candidates. The Hyuga clan was a certainty, but I assumed it would involve Jōnin-level members."

"Numerous bloodline users exist, and Jinchūriki are also good. Uchiha Itachi, Sasuke, Naruto, and Tsunade would naturally qualify."

"Based on my analysis, I estimated about five Hyuga members on the list."

"Yet, Hyuga Natsu and Neji's placement surprised me. Despite being from the branch family, they secured positions at the list's end."

"It suggested both main and branch houses are formidable contenders, overturning my initial assumptions."

"Indeed?" Hyuga Wende interjected again, his antagonism evident.

Uchiha Ran glanced at him and made a mental note to include him in his 'elimination list' for the day. Without addressing him, Uchiha Ran continued, "I only deduced the answer after recalling that the Gold List's ranking hinges on bloodline development and purity."

At that moment, an ethereal radiance enveloped Uchiha Ran, making him appear even more imposing and compelling.

He stood there, bathed in light, exuding an aura of both strength and allure.

*****

Support me on my ko-fi account and read upto 30 early chapters for only $1 by joing the membership.

https://ko-fi.com/aayume