Chapter 1: Sunshine

February 2 2023

Though February is short, it is filled with lots of love and sweet surprises, The time was six thrity a.m as the streets of New York were busy and most people were heading to their workplaces or students and childrens would go to school.

There was a house by the streets where a single mother and her daughter lived there, Inside the house a woman was seen fixing her hair as she was going to have a job interview at a new company.

Her name is Anne Winters, She is forty years old and has an eighteen year old daughter, Anne got married quite early at the age of twenty to her high school sweetheart, However things took a turn when they experienced problems in their relationshi...

Her name is Anne Winters, She is forty years old and has an eighteen year old daughter, Anne got married quite early at the age of twenty to her high school sweetheart, However things took a turn when they experienced problems in their relationship and when Anne was seven months pregnant, Her husband filed a divorce and left her.

Anne was left sad and angry that he left her in a time like this, She gladly accepted the divorce because she knew he wasn't a man enough to raise his daughter. Despite the struggles in her life, Anne has been raising her daughter while taking care of herself.

Anne fixed her hair until she heard someone entering the room as Winters had a huge smile on her face.

Her name is Carriette Winters, eighteen years old and is Anne's daughter. Both mother and daughter share a strong bond and love each other, While growing up, Anne told Carriette about her father and how Anne has been raising her alone since the divorce, Carriette was really angry and felt bad for her mother.

Carriette: *Smiles* Hey, Mom! Your lookin good.

Anne: Aww thanks sweetheart, My girl looks even more amazing. If any guy at school stares at you, make sure to punch him in the face.

Carriette: *Laughs* I will do that, Mom. I also have my friends by my side. Anyways, good luck with your job interview.

Anne: Thanks, Carrie. I'm confident about this.

Carriette smiled and loved her mother's confidence, They were interrupted by the bell ring as Anne rolled her eyes and smiled and told Carrie to follow her as Winters opened the front door and saw someone.