Chapter 13: Ashes

May 14 2023

Two weeks have passed, and Carriette has been distant from Anne after the argument they had two weeks ago, Anne tried apologising to Carriette and make her understand that nothing was going wrong, However Carriette suspicion continued to grew, She really felt like there was something happening between her mother and her boss.

Anne has been very worried about this as well, She was a bit scared when Carriette started to ignore her, She didn't want to break her relationship with her daughter over a lie, At one point Anne really felt like she should tell Carriette the truth but she was still scared. . .

However, another thing has been happening with Anne, She has mood swings very often and hasn't been feeling well for the last two weeks, At first she thought it was just because of all the stress she has been taking.

But yesterday she found something out. . . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anne arrived at work on her own today as she parked the car and was touching her forehead, She was stressing out about something and felt scared and worried, This was something she really needed to tell Jonathan about, Anne walked to the elevator and waited for it to reach to the office, However she was growing more impatient.

Finally, she made it as Anne walked out of the elevator and took a deep breath, and quickly made it to the office, She opened the door to see Jonathan standing while looking at some work papers.

She couldn't help but smile at him and look at him as Crawford looked at Anne and had a smile on his face, He felt happy to see her.

Anne: Good morning, Sir.

Jonathan: Good morning, my beautiful assistant.

Anne smiled at him again as she closed the door and stared at him, Jonathan continued reading the paper as Anne was having the urge to tell him what she found out yesterday, She had been worried since last night, Winters continued staring at him in silence before speaking to him.

Anne: Jonathan, There is something I have to tell you. . . .

Her tone sounded serious, and Jonathan nodded without looking at her.

Jonathan: Go ahead, sweetheart. I'm listening.

Anne: I don't know how you're gonna feel about this. . . .

Jonathan: *Chuckles* Were you thinking about me or something?

Anne just smiled at his joke but really needed to be serious, She took a deep breath and slowly walked towards him before speaking.

Anne: I'm pregnant.