Chapter 5: Sparks

April 5 2023

Two months have passed, and everything has been going well for Anne, Everything at work was going good for her, and she's been getting paid with a good salary.

Anne and Jonathan have gotten closer over the last two months, and Winters has been having feelings towards him, a different kind of feeling. But she keeps reminding herself that this was extremely wrong to do with her boss. She never told anyone about her feelings till now.

The weekend was over as it was Monday, Anne was ready to go to work as Winters walked downstairs and saw Emma and Alex as Ambrose was holding his daughter while Emma was holding her son.

They came over for the weekend along with their kids to spend more time with Anne and Carriette, Winters had a smile on her face as Carriette was looking at Chloe with a smile on her face.

Carriette: Aww, I can't believe Lucas and Chloe are leaving.

Emma: Don't worry, Carrie. We will come over again this weekend.

Alex: That's right.

Carriette: Can I keep them here for a day?

Anne: *Laughs* You're changing their diapers, not me.

Carriette: Mom!!!

Alex: *Laughs* Your mom has a point on that.

Emma: *Chuckles while patting Lucas's back* Are you willing to do that?

Carriette just stared before she looked at Anne, Winters surrendered as Alex and Emma began laughing.

Anne: That's on you, Honey.

Carriette rolled her eyes and smiled as Emma said something to them.

Emma: Come on, let's get going. Anne and Carriette are gonna be late.

Alex: Right, let's go. Do you want to hold Chloe?

Carriette: Yes!!!

Alex chuckled and gave Chloe to Carrie as Carriette was carrying her while kissing the baby's cheek.

Anne decided to carry Lucas as the friends left the house and got in the car as Alex started the car and began driving, Emma was watching Carriette playing with Chloe as the baby was smiling at her while Lucas was silently sitting on Anne's lap while licking his fingers.

Emma: Anne, Lucas might drool all over your dress. You can give him to me

Anne: Oh, don't worry, Emma. He's a sweet boy, I'll keep him.

Alex: Hopefully, you won't smell like baby powder at work.

Anne laughed as Alex continued driving towards the school. Eventually, they made it to the school as Carriette kissed Chloe's cheek again before saying "Bye" to everyone and entered the school.

Eventually, They made it to the company as Emma kissed Alex's cheek and said goodbye to him, Anne smiled before Emma carried her babies and walked away as Anne looked at Alex and said something.

Anne: Is she walking back home?

Alex: *Chuckles* No, Her mom's house is actually close by.

Anne: Really? I didn't know that.

Alex: Yup, that's why she came with us, She wanted to see her mother.

Anne: I think it's been a few months since Emma saw her mother?

Alex: For sure, that's why Emma wanted to see her.

Anne: I see.

Alex: Also, you smell like baby powder.