Chapter 4: Intentions

February 13 2023

A week passed, and everything at work was going well for Anne, She has been helping her boss with certain tasks and both of them have been becoming good partners so far, Although there was still an odd feeling Anne had whenever she sees him, Sometimes they would unintentionally get close to each other and Anne can't stop thinking about him

But deep down, She knows it was wrong because that was her boss, He's probably married and has a child or children's.

It was another day as Anne and Carriette were seen having breakfast together as Carriette was speaking to her mother.

(Don't know why she wore earphones even though she has a headset, but let's ignore that XD)

Carriette: So mom, what has work been like for you?

Anne: It's been going well, actually.

Carriette: I see, What's the boss like?

Anne: Oh, he's usually silent, actually. He seems like a busy man.

Carriette: Hmm, I see, That's interesting.

Anne: Yeah, I also have Benjamin and Margot as my new friends now. We always hang out during lunchtime, actually.

Carriette: Sweet! Can I meet them anytime?

Anne: *Smiles* I'll see about it whenever they are free. I'll try asking them to visit.

Carriette: Yay!

Anne chuckled as Carriette and Anne continued eating breakfast until they were done, Anne was checking her bag if everything what she needed was there while Carriette was holding her school bag.

Anne: Alex should come any minute now.

Carriette: Mom, Can't I go to school alone?

Anne: How can you go alone?

Carriette: Can you buy a car for me? Alex can teach me how to drive.

Anne: No, sweetheart, not yet.

Carriette: Come on, Mom. I'm eighteen now.

Anne: I know you're a big girl now, but you need to wait a little longer.

Carriette rolled her eyes and shook her head, She knew she couldn't say anything to her mom. Carrie was looking at Anne before she said something to her.

Carriette: Are you going to work like this?

Anne: *Looks at her outfit* Does it look bad?

Carriette: *Smiles* Are you showing off your waist to someone?

Anne: What??? No, I'm not, I just thought it looked good.

Carriette: *Laughs* If there is someone you like at work, you can tell me.