Chapter 6: Igniting Fire

April 6 2023

It was the next day as Anne was seen sleeping in her bed, She slowly woke up and looked around, She opened her phone and looked at the time which was six a.m as Winters sighed and looked around.

She heard the shower was open as Anne had a feeling Carriette woke up and was getting ready for school, Winters began remembering what happened at the office yesterday as Anne was slightly blushing and covered her face. She couldn't stop thinking about yesterday.

Later on, Anne and Carriette were both ready as mother and daughter were seen eating breakfast as Carrie was looking at Anne.

Carriette: What's the matter, Mom? You seem awfully silent.

Anne: What? No, I just feel kinda tired today, haha.

Carriette: You didn't sleep well?

Anne: Sort of. . . But I'm fine.

She bit her lip and began thinking about her boss, Carriette nodded her head but was thinking if her mom was alright, They both continued speaking to each other as Anne spoke to her.

Anne: I might come home at the same time as yesterday.

Carriette: Really?

Anne: Yeah, I'm gonna be a little busy today.

Carriette: Aww, alright, that's fine. Take care of yourself

Anne: *Smiles* You too, Sweetie.

Soon, They were done with breakfast as Anne was seen holding her legs Its been hurting since last night, and she clearly knows the reason why, Its been years since she had a good time with someone.

Anne was holding her legs in pain as she decided not to wear high heels and wore smaller heels as Carrie and Anne left the house and saw Alex waiting for them.

After they dropped Carriette to school, they reached the company, and Alex and Anne got out of the car before she said something to her friend.

Anne: By the way, I might come home a little late.

Alex: Why? Jonathan is piling you with more work?

Anne: Kinda, I'm gonna be a bit busy today. But you don't have to wait for me, okay?

Alex: It's okay, I don't mind how long it takes.

Anne: No, it's alright, I don't like keeping you waiting, I'll take a taxi to go home.

Alex: Alright, if you say so. But if anything happens, you know who to call.

Anne smiled at him as they both shared a high five and laughed, They both entered the building as Anne went to the elevator and began thinking about Jonathan.

( Oh boy, this is gonna be very awkward. . . . )

Anne was already tired of standing as the elevator finally reached the twentieth floor and began making her way to the office.

She looked at the office door and took a deep breath and opened the door, only to see Benjamin, Margot sitting with their boss.