Chapter 225

Should this be called good fortune?

Jin-Woo's voice could be heard all around the world, but he wasn't speaking in the language of humans. The majority of people thought it was some kind of thunder rumbling in the sky. Theories on why everyone heard the exact same noise were quite varied, though.

However, such a matter didn't pose a single problem, since the world was still celebrating – and felt relieved by – Jin-Woo's victory.

It was the same story in the actual battle location.

Hunters had been nervously on standby in a location just a bit away from where the battle took place. When they heard that the monster had been taken care of, they couldn't hold back and roared out in elation.

The two men in charge of the two best local Guilds, Choi Jong-In and Baek Yun-Ho, also spat out sighs of relief and looked at each other with wide grins.

"Hey, Chairman Baek. I thought your complexion wasn't so good a few minutes ago. I wonder if you have settled down now?"

"Representative Choi, I think you need to wipe your cold sweat first before worrying about someone else."

"I have a spare 'cheongsimhwan' on me, so if your heart is still fluttering badly, you can always ask me for one." (TL note at the end)

"Aigoo~. You sweated so much. Why don't you use this handkerchief to wipe your face first?"

The Masters of two Guilds that competed for the top spot in the local ranking started a rather pointy war of nerves. However, they could joke around in this manner only because the situation had been resolved now. Actually, these two couldn't even swallow their saliva out of sheer nervousness until only a few minutes ago.

But, that was understandable.

Weren't they being thrust into a battle against monsters powerful enough to treat Special Authority-rank Hunter, Thomas Andre, like a toy?

Not only their lives, but even those of every single Guild member were at risk. And the two Guild Masters, as well as every Hunter, summoned here under the emergency call-up were all thinking of the exact same thing.

That would be: if Hunter Seong Jin-Woo lost here, then it'd be no different than them all dying today.

Now freed from the intense pressure, these two men could express their happiness under the banner of waging a war of nerves.

The smiling Baek Yun-Ho sharing banter with Choi Jong-In looked beyond the latter's shoulder and his gaze stopped moving then.

"Uh....."

Choi Jong-In also followed after that line of sight and looked behind him. There was a lone man walking out from the centre of the ruined city.

Jin-Woo, having concluded his battle with the Sovereigns, quietly walked towards where everyone was.

Other Hunters discovered him one by one. His entrance immediately brought a bout of silence upon this place, once populated by loud cheers and happy yells.

The only noise coming from the surroundings were the wails of sirens, from the ambulances hurriedly arriving on the scene.

'It's Hunter Seong Jin-Woo.'

'That man, he....'

The mood in this place had become oppressed by the sharp aura oozing out of Jin-Woo's eyes, even though it was clear that the battle had ended in his favour. Not one person dared to open their mouths after seeing him like that.

The battle he fought had to have been incredibly intense because there was a hint of shimmering heat rising up from his shoulders even now.

But, why did the following events unfold as they did?