Chapter 227

Fifty thousand or so Hunters from all corners of the globe, here to defend against the super-massive Gate, watched dazedly as the black monsters began kneeling before Jin-Woo.

"Jesus....."

This sea of soldiers wrapped in black armour or black smoke seemed to go on forever. Every single one of these creatures possessed an incredible amount of magical energy, but there was something else that made the gathered Hunters doubt their own eyes even more.

"T-that, that, that! Could that be?!"

"Right at the end there, you see what's right at the end there, right?"

".....Yeah, I can see it."

Hunters pointed to the back of this army of black soldiers, their complexions paling greatly. More specifically, they were pointing to the three black Dragons at the back of the army who were obediently lowering their heads before their owner, as if they were house-trained pets or some such.

The gathered Hunters were now rendered completely speechless after discovering those Dragons being the part of the line-up of these black soldiers.

The Dragon that appeared for the first, and last, time in human history had been 'Kamish'. That one creature alone managed to wipe out almost every single elite Hunter alive back then, and the whole world was in danger of being thrust into a horrifying conflagration of destruction.

Seriously now, would people begin calling that Dragon with a name carrying the meaning of 'undying flames' for no good reason?

And so – only one such creature was enough to threaten the very existence of the human race, yet there were three of them now. It couldn't be helped that the Hunters gathered here to fight these things felt as if all of their energy was quickly abandoning them.

Just what would have happened if they decided to clash against this army? Hunters imagined the potential combat situation against these black monsters currently in bowing positions and felt goosebumps rapidly spread throughout their bodies next.

And at the same time, they grew really curious about the real identity of Hunter Seong Jin-Woo, standing before them as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Jin-Woo swept his gaze over the Grand-Marshal Bellion and the seemingly endless number of Shadow Soldiers kneeling behind their leader.

'So, this is the real Shadow Army....'

What Igrit said was right.

His black knight asked for an audience and spoke to Jin-Woo in his usual dignified manner yesterday.

[My liege, the Shadow Army has concluded all of their preparations.]

Jin-Woo needed a bit of time to completely digest those words. That's how surprising it was to him.

That was why he was in a dilemma.

He knew better than anyone here regarding the matters with the Sovereigns and the Rulers, as well as the truth behind the Gates. But the thing was, he himself wasn't certain about the overall narrative, so there was no way he'd be able to convincingly explain what was happening here to everyone else.

No, it was an impossibly tall order to convince every one of these Hunters coming from all over the world to stop the Gate before it turned into the worst calamity in human history.

And also....

In the one-in-ten-thousand case, no, make that one in ten million chance that Igrit's information was faulty, could he be able to handle the fallout from that?