Chapter 235

[Hero of the Republic of Korea, we welcome you to China!]

[1.5 billion people send their gratitude! Thank you very much, Seong Jin-Woo Hunter-nim!]

[For the continued and everlasting friendship between Korea and China!]

Large placards written in Korean – so Jin-Woo would be able to understand them – were hung up on various places of the airport.

Liu Zhigeng, here to welcome Jin-Woo personally, frowned somewhat while glaring at the placards plastered all over the place. There were so many of them here, he could hardly see an empty spot on the building itself.

It wasn't as if he didn't like the contents of those placards. Oh, no.

Hunter Seong Jin-Woo choosing China over other nations with super-massive Gates in their territories was, without a doubt, something to celebrate as far as the Chinese Hunter was concerned.

He was tasked with taking the lead in the fight against the monsters that would pour out from that massive Gate in the sky, so he felt a massive amount of gratitude to Hunter Seong Jin-Woo for being here.

His problem, though, was with the totally different attitudes his own countrymen showed him back then when he stepped up to aide South Korea. That was what pushed his annoyance level to a dangerous height.

Even now, the memories of those times still remained vividly in his head.

'Don't these people understand the concept of shame??'

All those fellow Chinese citizens who pointed at him and berated him for being a traitor, were currently busy praising and cheering Jin-Woo in one voice and one heart.

So, it was only obvious that Liu Zhigeng wouldn't look at those placards plastered all over the airport in a favourable light.

'If I hadn't dragged our Hunters and made the trip down to Korea, would we even have the face to greet Hunter Seong Jin-Woo today....?'

Liu Zhigeng inwardly clicked his tongue and turned around towards the aeroplane touching down in the airport just beyond the window.

He could already tell. Hunter Seong Jin-Woo was riding in that plane.

The sole Seven Star-rank Hunter of China, Liu Zhigeng, felt a sensation chilly enough to make all the hair on his body stand up emanating from that plane. There could only be one person in the entire world who could pressure him to this degree.

Sure enough – the message of Jin-Woo finally arriving reached the ears of high-ranking government officials as well as executives of the Chinese Hunter's Association waiting around. They hurriedly rose up from their chairs and began raising an almighty fuss.

'This isn't right.... Doing things this way is wrong.'

His already-displeased mood due to the placards had become even sourer after watching these people making noise like this. Weren't they the same idiots who raised their voices and loudly opposed him when he said they needed to help the Koreans?

Indeed, these people would've done anything to stop him from going to Korea if he wasn't the Seven Star-rank Hunter – if he wasn't the one and only Liu Zhigeng.

It simply wouldn't do for these pigs to welcome a warrior risking his life to fight for this land. Liu Zhigeng's expression hardened, and he spoke to his personal gopher.

"Deliver this message to the premier. I'm cancelling this charade of a planned welcoming party, and I shall take full responsibility for greeting and guiding Hunter Seong."

"Sir? B-but, these people are...."

The gopher took a look behind at all the important politicians and executives, his hesitation easy to see. Meanwhile, the folks in question overheard the conversation and began coughing uncomfortably to clear their throats.