Chapter 264 | Side Story 21

The last side story: Twelve years later (Fin)

Later that evening.

Jin-Woo headed to the local diner that he frequented with Yu Jin-Ho when they were much younger. Still did, as a matter of fact.

– "Hyung-nim! I have something important I must discuss with you."

He felt the hints of determination, different from the kid's usual self, emanating from Yu Jin-Ho's voice on the phone. When Jin-Woo stepped into the diner, Yu Jin-Ho sitting anxiously by the table, easily visible from the entrance, quickly raised his hand up high.

"Hyung-nim!!"

After graduating from the university, Yu Jin-Ho continued to train in the art of running a business empire under Chairman Yu Myung-Hwan, which transformed his body and spirit into a proper man now.

However, he still came across as a little kid brother to Jin-Woo, even now.

"Hey, man."

He greeted back with a chuckle and settled on the other side of Yu Jin-Ho. His gaze then scanned the soju shot glass in Yu Jin-Ho's hand, as well as the half-empty soju bottle for a brief moment.

'This guy, he knows he can't handle alcohol, so why....'

It was unknown just what he was psyching himself up for like this, but without a doubt, Yu Jin-Ho needed a massive boost to his courage to do it, it seemed.

So, Jin-Woo asked.

"What's going on with you? You didn't even tell me anything yet."

Yu Jin-Ho greatly hesitated with his reply, before pulling out a small box from his inner pocket and opened it up. A rather expensive-looking ring was stored in there.

"Hyung-niiim!!"

"What now?"

"This time, I'm gonna propose to Miss Jin-Ah for sure!"

Aaah.

'That's what this was all about.'

Jin-Woo was guessing that the kid got scolded by his little sister or some such and wanted to complain to someone trustworthy, but now that he knew the score, a smile automatically floated up on his face.

Yu Jin-Ho completely misinterpreted that smile, though, and a fierce glare of determination lit up within his eyes.

"Hyung-nim! I'm really serious this time! I'll confess to her tonight! B-but, the thing is.... You think she's going to like this ring?"

When Jin-Woo thought about how Jin-Ah always complained at home, wondering aloud just when the blockhead that was her boyfriend would come around to confess his feelings for her, he could picture her jumping up and down in happiness already, but well....

Jin-Woo deliberately left his words vague so the after-confession swelling of emotions could be even tastier for the couple.

"I wonder... I'm not very good with this sort of things, so...."

"Keuh-heuk."

As if he felt tormented, Yu Jin-Ho dropped his head lower in agony before raising it back up again.

"I-it's still fine, hyung-nim. Actually, I don't know what she'd like to have anyway, so I prepared lots of presents in advance."

And then, he began pulling out a large paper envelope out of the blue. What that contained was a blueprint of a building.

"Actually, there's this new building about to be constructed in our company's premises, so as soon as Miss Jin-Ah is done with her medical degree, we could build a hospit...."