Chapter 266 | Recollections / After Stories

Part 2: Until we meet again

"Thank you for coming in, Miss Cha."

"Ah, yes. Hello."

Hae-In stepped across the doorway of the kindergarten headmistress's office with a tense expression on her face.

Soo-Hoh hadn't had any contact with kids of his own age until he turned five years old. And today was exactly a week after the worried parents decided to send their son to the nearest kindergarten.

The preschool educational institution suddenly called her up, asking her to come for a meeting today. Hae-In was really worried that maybe something happened to Soo-Hoh, or her son did something wrong.

The headmistress guided her to the couch on the opposite side and Hae-In settled down on the cushion as her complexion became even gloomier than before.

The middle-aged headmistress could fully understand what Hae-In was going through right now. That was why she worked hard to find the gentlest voice she could come up with in order to not worsen the other party's anxiety.

"It's not something to be that anxious over, Miss Cha. It's just that.... We have a few questions we'd like to ask you."

"Ah, yes. Please."

Hae-In nodded her head repeatedly with a hardened expression. The headmistress cautiously pushed forward a sketchbook.

"Here.... Would you take a look at this, please?"

Hae-In picked the book up as the headmistress continued on.

"It contains drawings by your son, Soo-Hoh."

The white paper within said book featured a rather-cute looking 'ant' as drawn by a little child's hands.

But, why was she being shown this? Hae-In couldn't immediately understand where this conversation was going and asked back with a puzzled expression.

"What's the matter with this drawing....?"

The headmistress hesitated slightly before letting a soft sigh escape from her lips. She then began explaining herself.

"The class teacher-nim asked the children to draw their close 'friends', you see."

"....Ah."

Now that she looked at the drawing again, the 'ant' was standing on two feet. Only then did Hae-In realise that this was not a drawing of an ordinary ant, but Marshal Beru, instead.

"There are others after that page. When the class teacher-nim asked Soo-Hoh if he had any other friends, he drew those next."

Hae-In flipped one more page.

There was a drawing of a humanoid figure with a strip of red plumage attached to his head while holding what was clearly a sword, no matter who saw it.

'Igrit....'

Hae-In instantly recognised the protagonist of the drawing and slowly held her forehead with one hand. He might look like a trustworthy knight to those who knew him, but how would this situation look like in the eyes of strangers?

Her head began aching just from thinking about that.

After that page came the drawings of Bellion and his extending magic sword, as well as Fangs, busily putting on a magic show. Inevitably, Hae-In's head began developing a stronger migraine.

'.....'

The headmistress interpreted Hae-In's speechless expression the wrong way and spoke in a worried voice.