Chapter 236

"T-the situation in Canada is still...."

The Hunter in charge of communication stuttered like a broken clock. Jin-Woo, feeling genuinely frustrated now, pulled out his smartphone, instead.

There was only one person who could give him the most accurate information as quickly as possible. Jin-Woo searched through his contact list before tapping on the contact number of the Special Agent in charge of the Hunter Bureau's Asia Branch, 'Adam White'.

With the current timing being what it was, he was briefly worried whether his call would get through or not, but then...

– "Seong Jin-Woo Hunter-nim!"

A really tense voice came out from the phone's speaker. There was no time to mouth a proper greeting, so he jumped straight to the main topic.

"Adam? Can you tell me what's happening with the super-massive Gate in Canada...."

It was then – he heard a loud cheering of "Waaaah-!!" coming out from the phone's speaker, as well.

Although it was a soft, almost inaudible background noise even his highly-developed hearing could barely catch, that was more than enough for him. Jin-Woo urgently asked over the phone, his expression harder than a stone now.

"Where are you right now??"

– "I'm at the location of Canada's super-massive Gate to provide support, alongside other agents."

"And why are you even there in the first place?!"

Jin-Woo's voice cracked up from agitation, and that caused Adam to reply in a surprised voice, quite obviously failing to hide his fluster.

– "We simply couldn't watch the events in Canada unfold as if it's unrelated to us.... Not just myself, but many other agents are currently assigned to deal with this matter, and..."

Adam White then added that his current location was quite a distance away from where the Canadian Hunters were, so if something bad were to happen, he should be able to escape relatively easily.

Hearing that explanation, Jin-Woo was suddenly overcome with sheer frustration that couldn't be described in words.

'The things I've warned everyone of....'

None of these people seemed to have understood the scale of the enemy just yet.

However, Adam still being unscathed could mean that his prediction was wrong. Jin-Woo collected himself and calmly asked his next question.

"What about the Gate...? Has there been any changes yet?"

– "No. It seems that the inside was empty, just like every other Gates. It's really quiet here in the location, actually."

What a relief that was.

Even after taking into consideration the world pointing their fingers of ridicule and blame at him for his warning being false, he could still breathe a sigh of relief.

"Fuu..."

His prediction seemed to be wrong.

But, then this happened.

– "Uh? Please hold."

After hearing Adam's voice that sounded uneasy for some reason, a creeping dread travelled down Jin-Woo's spine. Why did his ominous forebodings always have to come true?

Adam quickly explained the current situation.

– "Right now! Something is making its descent. Uh? Uh, uh? A person... A person is descending from the Gate!"