Tough Decision🌼

"Peter, you have to pick one." Ned tells Peter as they stare at what lies before them. "This decision could change the course of history."

"I know! I'm trying!" Peter helplessly states. "It's the biggest decision I've ever made!" he declared. He stood racking his brain with ever consequence that could unfold from this one fateful decision. Every option had it's pros and cons, as with anything in life, but he can't afford to pick the wrong one.

"You have to think about the fate of the world! But you also have to think about what's best for yourself." Ned conveyed. As much as Ned loves that fat that Peter is so caring and always puts others before himself, he knows that this descion should be about him and his wishes.

Peter sighs. "I get that, but I need to think about how this decision will affect everyone else, including you! I can't be selfish."

"What? That's ridiculous! Of course you can be selfish with this decision, Peter. This is your future we're talking about. I mean sure, this could end up affecting our friendship and ultimately lead to the demise of it, but do what's best for you!"

"Ned! Not helping!" Peter glared at his friend . Ned was seriously not making this situation any easier. He thought the advice of his best friend would be beneficial, but he might be rethinking that decision. Don't get him wrong, Peter loves Ned and everything, but he can be a bit dramatic at times.

"Sorry, but I was being serious about the selfish part. This is your decision to make, so make it for you." Ned reassures his friend.

Peter turns to look at the wise man his friend randomly turned into, impressed. "That's was actually really good advice."

"Thanks." Ned cheekily? replies. "I read it on a fortune cookie once." Peter couldn't help but laugh and shake his head at his friend's antics. He looked so proud of himself for remembering that line.

"But seriously dude, you need to pick one."

Peter turns back to look at the table before him and released a large breath. He just needs to pick one. It can't be that hard. It's just one simple, easy choice. So then why is this so hard for him to do?

"I can't!" Peter declares exasperated. He flops onto the floor in utter defeat and stared up at the ceiling. "This is way to hard!"

"Peter..." a fatherly voice sighs. Peter and Ned glance over to see Tony Stark leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest and a smile on his face. "What's wrong son?" he continues.

"This choice is too hard! How can I make a choice that will change the course of my life? It's impossible!" the boy shouts in despair. Tony Stark chuckles at the teenagers antics and walks into the room to stand by his son that for whatever reason in lying on the floor.

"You act like the world is at stake." He states while looking down at the over dramatic teen with a raised eyebrow. Honestly, this kid is worse than him sometimes! "It's only college kiddo."

"Excatly! The world is at stake Mr. Stark!" Ned says while Peter nodded along enthusiastically and pointing at his best friend.

"Not you too Ted!" The teen rolls his eyes at the nickname. When Peter first introduced Ned to his adopted father Tony Stark, the man thought that his name was Ted. Ned, being the socially awkward kid he is, went with it. It wasn't until two months later that Peter finally broke the news to his dad that he was calling Ned by the wrong name. Tony still uses the name Ted from time to time just to annoy the teen.

Peter sits up from his place on the floor and looks at the man who took him in two years ago. "Then what should I do?" Peter looks up at Tony with desperation written on his face.

"The best advice I can give you, kid, is do what's best for you. Forget everyone else! This is your life underoos, so live it the way you want to." Tony crouches down to Peter's level and places a hand on his shoulder as he spoke to him. "No matter what you chose Pete, I'll always be proud of you."

With a deep breath, Peter stands up and faces the table once more that's filled with the many acceptance letters he had received from the various colleges that he applied to. Peter decided that it would the safest to apply to a bunch of colleges in hopes that at least one of them would accept him. He didn't expect all of them to!

"Okay I chose-"