16

Everyone had left the studio over time, just leaving Khia and Ace.

Ace worked on a song, purple lights on in the room as music played low in the background.

Khia sat in her own rolling chair, sprinkling some weed onto a blunt.

"So you only do music?" Khia asked randomly.

Ace looked over at her then back to the computer screen.

"Why you asking me that?" He questioned.

"A question with a question isn't an answer Ace. But I'm asking because I want to know."

"No I don't only do music." He said. Not looking at her but she knew he wasn't lying. She wanted to know what else he did.

"What do you do then" Khia was still focused on the blunt she was starting to from in front of her.

Ace wasn't as calm as her, he didn't know how Khia would react to knowing what he did do and the fact that he was even thinking about telling her scared him.

Because that meant she meant something to him.

"I get hired to do stuff for people."

"So like one of those people who come and build your bed and stuff?!"

Was Khia dumb? No she wasn't dumb but why would she immediately think something other than what she said.

In this moment Ace understood where she was coming from, he didn't say enough. Khia hadn't been around any of his other work, nobody who wasn't his closets friends knew about what he did, because they did it to.

Ace leaned back in his chair, staring dead at Khia. The girl felt his eyes on her heavy. So she placed the finished blunt down from her lips and turned to face him.

"What is it?" She questioned softly, her brows furrowing in as she watched Ace's mouth.

"People hire me to kill other people for them."

Khia didn't have a reaction. The only difference Ace could see coming from her was her bottom lip falling down slightly. He leaned forward, pressing his thumb to the fatness of it and rubbing slowly.

Khia drew her bottom lip into her mouth, taking it away from him as she nibbled on it, staring him in the eyes.

"I need to smoke." She said, turning away from him, Ace not used to the girl pulling away from him.

The action made his brows furrow in, his body go back into his chair as he stared at Khia, watching as she brought the blunt to her lips and lit one end.

She closed her eyes, breathing in the smoke and pulling the blunt from her lips. Khia blew the smoke up into the air. She knew Ace's eyes were still on her but she couldn't look at him.

She just needed to think.

Was she afraid of him? No she wasn't. Did him killing people make her unsettled? Yes it did. Because if he killed people that meant he killed people and that shit wasn't something you kept yourself around.

Khia thought and thought and thought. She didn't speak, the silence killed Ace.

As she smoked she didn't notice the silence because everything was so loud in her head.

She picked up her phone, her blunt finishing off but she didn't want the rest. She reached her hand out passing it to Ace who took it, smoking the rest down while still watching her.

Khia opened the Uber app and called herself a ride.

It said three minutes.

The girl stood up, gathering her things into her bag, Ace watching and never moving.