💜 Off my mind.

.: CatNaps pov :.

The others don't like me very much.
I'm too woke. I'm a programming mistake. It doesn't change what or who I am? I just know more than the others do.
I'm unfiltered.

I know the secrets of this place, I know what blood and torture is, I understand what's going on behind closed doors.
All the others have filters. All butterflies and rainbows, if you asked any of them what bodily harm is, they'd respond something about body paint. Well, all expect one.
DogDay is the leader of us, the only one who includes me. We were the first 2 created for the show. The first prototypes. Therefore, we don't collectively have the same filters as the other critters. Why? I'm not sure, either. It wasn't taken into consideration when we were made, but looking how we turned out, the company gave everyone else filters. Or, we have to be woke to do photo shoots.
To understand the posing and examples the directors give.
I wouldn't say the others hate me, but there's definitely some pent-up skepticism about me.

I'm not rejected into the group, I'm allowed in. But they all seem so uncomfortable around me.. they won't speak to me. Dogday is the only one who prefers ME over them.
We've been together since the start, and we share the same awareness around the environment. We're the main mascots if you must. Every billboard and poster has us two on it!
What doesn't sit right with me no matter how much I think about it is why is DogDay the leader when I'm the one who has the special ability? I can release gas, gas that makes everything that inhales it drop to the floor like flies. It's a sleeping gas, invented to help children calm down and fall asleep during daycare. But it turned out they didn't need me as much when they could install gas champers in the daycare that would slowly produce the gas to calm the children.

Most days, I'm alone in my house. We all have our collective houses circling the middle of the dome. I watch the others play around and have fun, and if I'm thought about or noticed, DogDay will come in and talk with me when they are playing, though.. My eyes are on him. I'm hyperfixated on him. Maybe the others don't like me because I'm possessive of him. No one's aloud to hug him. And if I'm honest, he doesn't seem to care.
When the others ever do get the chance, he's uncomfortable. He looks nervous. But when I do it, it's different. And this isn't some delusion thing. I've genuinely noticed it. He'll never hug someone first, only me. Only me when I open my door to him standing there. The more he makes it clear, he only likes being touched by me, the more I fixate on him. The more I make the others distance themselves. I don't act creepy around him, though, only the others. I act bubbly, and I try to match his energy. With the others, it's hard to even smile. I don't like how much they're around him.
But whatever. He's the leader anyway.
So it's off my mind.