6) party

today was nate's best friends birthday. so, he threw a house party. which nate and i were going to.

"you should wear that one." nate says, as i show off my outfits i could wear.

i had a a purple cropped shirt, and black jeans.

"you look so pretty." he says in awe.

"thank you. do you mind braiding my hair?" i ask.

"not at all."

i kneel down in front of him, and he puts my hair into 2 braids.

"alright let's go." nate says, as we get into his car.

he drives us over to his buddies house, and we walk inside. there's music playing and a couple groups of people scattered around.

this wasn't supposed to be a huge party, just some friends, hanging out.

"hey hey hey, if it isn't nate dog, and the beautiful y/n." the birthday boy, aaron, says.

"hey aaron." i say, kind of thrown off with his word choice.

nate and aaron catch up, and i go over to some girls i know from middle school.

"so, do you have a boyfriend y/n?" a girl asks.

"aha, yeah, nathan doe. the hockey kid."

"oooh." another girl coos.

i laugh a little, and we chat a bit about our lives.

the group of girls go elsewhere, and i'm just sitting alone, chilling on my phone.

until, somebody swipes my phone from my hands, and sits down next to me.

"hey- give it back, aaron." i say with a little laugh.

"why are you sitting here alone?" he asks, handing me my phone back.

"i don't know. i'm just chilling."

"can i chill with you?"

i gulp, "uhhh, sure. if you want."

he sits back on the couch next to me.

i go back to my phone and scroll through instagram.

he puts his arm over the back of the couch, and rests it there, drooping over my shoulder.

i ignore his gesture, and continue at my phone.

"i like your hair like this." he says, touching my braid ever so slightly.

"thanks."

"you know... it is my birthday." he says, running his hand down my shoulder and placing his hand on my thigh. he starts to move his hand in circles.

"is it?" i ask, with a fake smile. im very uncomfortable.

i try to readjust so his hand will fall off of me, but nate walks by, and sees aaron and i sitting together, with his hand placed on my upper thigh.

nate stares for a minute, taking in what he's seeing, before he hurriedly storms away.

nate's pov

what the hell.

i just saw my best friend's hand pretty much caressing my girlfriends leg.

my stomach hurt. i didn't go over to the two of them tho, maybe it wasn't like that. maybe his hand just so happened to be caressing her thigh?

i just went over to another friend and sit by him.

y/n's pov

this dude wouldn't stop rubbing his hand, so i stood up.

"i'm gonna go to the bathroom."

i hurry to the bathroom, and just stand there for a minute.

i decide to take the bathroom as my little alone scrolling trough instagram time. no distractions.

as i get out the bathroom, i see nate sitting alone. i got sit directly next to him.

he looked really sad. like really sad.

"are you okay?" i ask.

"do you like him?"

"huh?"

"do you like aaron? more than me?"

"what? no!"

"no, i saw the way you guys were touching each other. do you like him?" he asks, not breaking eye contact.

"no, of course not. i wasn't touching him. he was touching me."

"his hand was caressing your thigh, and you didn't try to stop him."

"i tried. i really did try."

"do you want his hand to hold, over mine?" he asks, breaking eye contact and looking at the floor.

"baby, of course not. i only want to hold your hand. please trust me." i practically beg.

nate sighs.

"did he only touch your thigh?" he asks.

"yes."

"okay. we're gonna get out of here. come on." he says, and i follow.

we quickly leave out the door and he drives me back to his house.

i sat down next to him on his couch and wrapped my arms around him, "i love you so much."

"im sorry for how i acted earlier. i just thought you would've liked him better because he's taller. and he's really handsome. more than i am."

my heart drops.

"nathan, you are the most handsome man alive. even if you weren't i would not care. i love you for you. the looks are just a bonus."

"really?"

"yes, really!" i exclaim, leaning my head up, and placing my lips on his.

he can't help but try and hide his grin.

"i love you too." he says.

A/N: tyy for the request @barbiehasbigtoes

i suck at writing and this proves it.

«leave suggestions»

love ya.