20) family vacation

for the next week my family and this other family who i'm very close to and two of their friends will be spending the week in a beach house in hawaii.

this involved my mom, my little brother, moms friend marylou, her sons nick matt and chris, and their friends nicky and nate.

we all arrived at the beach house at around midnight and walked inside. man was it pretty inside. it wasn't at all modern, it was very rustic, which is very unlikely for a beach house.

i walked down the hall and saw 5 doors. 4 were bed rooms and one was a bathroom. the bathroom was gorgeous. it looked almost as if it was a mini cabin inside, the walls were wood, and everything seemed woodsy, even though we are next to the beach.

marylou called for us all to come back to the living room and we all took seats on the couch. i'm sitting in between my brother aaron and matt.

my mom stood next to marylou and they discussed who would sleep where.

"aaron, you and i will sleep in the master bedroom." my mom says.

"aww sick!" he hollers excitedly.

"nick and matt would you two be fine with sleeping together in the room next to the master?" marylou asks.

they both nod.

"okay, and then nicky and chris will sleep in the room across from that one."

"marylou has got the other room, and then nate and y/n can sleep on the pullout mattress here on this couch." my mom says

"wait what?!" i say loudly.

"is there a problem y/n?" my mom asks.

"i don't even know nate that well!"

which was partially true. we have hung out a few times but that's only when i was with the triplets. we got to know each other a little bit, but not much. not to the point where i should be sleeping in the same bed with him.

nate was very nonchalant about this whole thing but i was so confused.

"please do not cause a scene and ruin this vacation y/n. you are sleeping with him and that is final. it's not a big deal." my mom says to me harshly.

my mom is always like this. she does not care about what i think. at all.

i huff and cross my arms.

matt whispers to me, "you can sleep with nick and ill go with nathan."

my mom notices and shushes him, "she is sleeping in this bed with this boy and you will not have to change where you are sleeping because she is being very rude."

matt sits back and nods.

"what the hell mom?!" i yell.

"hey! watch your tone."

i silence myself because this is embarrassing infront of all our friends.

everybody quickly gets up and goes to their rooms to unpack.

but nate and i are left in the living room and only have the side table drawers to use. there's one on each side and i claimed the right side of the couch/bed so i got the right side drawer.