15) break up

today is my 21st birthday.

nate and my best friends are taking me to a fancy dinner tonight. i decided to match with nate, i wore an all black dress, and he wore an all black suit.

at like 8 o'clock my best friends, aka nick matt and chris picked me up and drove us to the restaurant. nate drove himself.

we get there and nate is standing out front. we run up to him, and he takes my arm in his and we all walk inside. we check into our reservation and take a seat.

we ordered our appetizers and talked.

nick laughs, "nate you look like you're gonna jump out of your skin."

he was right. nate has been acting almost as if he was nervous all night. which is very very very unlike him.

we got our entrées and all begin to dig in.

the boys all tried to steal some of my fries, but i don't play when it comes to my food. so of course i swat them away.

after like 10 minutes and we are all just chatting and having a good time, nate clears his throat.

"y/n," he begins, then pulls his chair out and gets down on one knee, pulling out a ring

"nathan." i say, realizing what's going on.

"y/n y/l/n, will you marry me?" he finally asks, gently biting his lip.

my face gets hot. my mouth is hanging open.

"nate-" i start, but am cut off by him.

"i want to spend the rest of our lives together."

i look up at the triplets and they are just sitting there, mouths hung open, and just in pure shock.

"nathan, n-no." i manage to spit out.

his face falls.

there's gasps around the whole restaurant, and im dying of embarrassment and humiliation.

he gets up off his knee, and stands up. he looks at me with this look.

"keep the ring." he finally says, slamming it down on the table and walking out.

i watch as he slams the restaurant door shut, and hurriedly getting into his car.

every single person inside is staring at me in silence.

i rush up and quickly get to the exit.

the boys follow me, and leave money for the dinner.

i get into the backseat of the car, the triplets get in and matt starts to drive.

after a few minutes of silence, matt asks, "do you want to go to nathan's house?"

"yeah."

he nods and looks at me through the rear view mirror.

matt drives up to nate's house, and we sit in his driveway for a minute.

"do you want us to go in with you?" nick asks, breaking the suspenseful silence.

i shake my head no, and open the car door. i step out and walk up to nate's front door.

instead of knocking i freely open the door and walk inside.

nate's sitting right there on his couch, with his dress shirt torn off.

"hey." i say.

he quickly stands up, "that was fucking humiliating!"

"don't you realize you embarrassed me?" i ask.

"how? why don't you want to get married? we love each other, don't we? we want to spend the rest of our lives together."

"yes but- we are so young. there's so much more to learn. don't you think we are committing too soon?" i ask.

he laughs, "committing too soon? we have known each other for so long! we've been dating for nearly 4 years."

i stay silent.

he laughs again, "oh. oh ok. well you should keep this too."

he throws a little box at me and i don't catch it. it falls to the ground and the box opens up, revealing a necklace with our initials. i bend over and pick it up. a tear falls from my eye.

he stares at me, and i take the hint. i turn around and slowly walk out his house. as soon as my foot hits out the door, he shuts the door behind me.

i stumble down his steps, now tears flowing out of my eyes.

i start to walk over to the car, and look up to see chris standing in the middle of the lawn. he's holding an empty mcdonald's bag.

"i was just gonna throw this-"

i fall into him and wrap my arms around him. he places his arms over me, and supports me up.

i sob into his arm.

we stood like this for like 2 minutes, before chris led me to the backseat beside nick.

the whole car ride is silent.

matt drops me off at my house, and i slowly make my way inside. once i'm fully inside the house, they drive off.

i run up the stairs sobbing, and jump onto my bed, crying into my pillow.

~~~

A/N: hehe. pt. 2?

sorry...

sorry for not updating, i was busy, but im back :)

i love yall