17

G E N E R A L  P O V

The return journey from Jeju Island was met with a familiar set of challenges for Jungkook and Taehyung. 

To ensure a smooth and safe exit from the airport, they decided to board the plane separately.  

While Taehyung had planned a discreet entrance and hopefully, he would remain largely unnoticed, Jungkook's fans and the ever-persistent paparazzi had an unexpected distraction.

A mysterious figure emerged, draped in an air of intrigue. He wore a stylish ensemble, complete with a face mask and dark sunglasses, adding an element of mystique to his presence. As he navigated through the airport, his security detail only heightened the curiosity surrounding him.

The crowd and paparazzi, always hungry for the next scoop, quickly shifted their focus to this enigmatic stranger. Cameras clicked, questions were shouted, and speculation ran wild. Journalists and fans alike rushed to capture the moment, eager to unveil the identity of this heavily guarded figure.

The security team surrounding the stylish stranger anticipated the commotion, and with grace and professionalism, they skillfully managed the mob. Fans clamored for a glimpse, and tabloids desperately sought to uncover the identity behind the mask.

Meanwhile, Jungkook, seizing the opportunity created by the diversion, slipped through the airport unnoticed. He weaved through the distracted crowd, evading the paparazzi's watchful eyes. Against his better judgment, he opted for a quick and discreet entrance, utilizing the chaos to his advantage.

Onboard the plane, Taehyung awaited Jungkook, unaware of the unfolding drama of how the fans and the tabloids missed his boyfriend's entrance and were beating themselves over that. 

As the mysterious figure settled into his seat, safely shielded from the prying eyes of the media, Jungkook's fans were left with mixed emotions – the disappointment of missing his airport entrance, and the puzzling allure of the shadowy figure that had momentarily stolen the spotlight.

※※※

The plane touched down at Incheon Airport, and as the passengers prepared to disembark, Jungkook and Taehyung exchanged glances. The chaos that had unfolded in Jeju weighed on Jungkook's mind, prompting a decision to deboard first and divert the attention away from Taehyung.

Just as Taehyung was about to leave the plane and go towards their terminal, a sleek black car pulled up right in front of the plane. A member of Taehyung's security team approached, whispering in his ear, "The car is here for you, sir."

Taehyung, surprised by the timely arrival, checked his phone to check if the twins had texted something about sending him a car, but instead, he found a confirmation text from his boyfriend: "I sent a Car for you, Sweetheart. There's a crowd in the front and I don't want you to be mobbed. I'll meet you back at the Kim mansion. The twins are probably waiting for you after the last video call. They've been texting about it for two days now."

A scowl made its way to Taehyung's face at the mention of the twins. He just wished they wouldn't worry so much about him. 

He replied with a quick "Got it," before turning to the security team. "Let's go," he nodded, following them towards the waiting car.

As Taehyung was whisked away from the airport, Jungkook took a deep breath and prepared himself to face the crowd that awaited him outside. 

The screams and flashes of cameras greeted him as he stepped into the chaotic scene. Fans and paparazzi were eager to catch a glimpse of the beloved idol, their attention momentarily diverted from the figure they read about from Incheon, and the rumors surrounding the idol being seen with a man.

Jungkook navigated the crowd with practiced ease, acknowledging fans with a smile and a wave. However, his mind was already focused on the reunion awaiting him at the Kim mansion. The thought of the twins eagerly anticipating Taehyung's arrival warmed his heart, and he couldn't wait to be home with the ones he loved the most.

※※※※※

The sleek black car rolled up to the entrance of the Kim Mansion, and Taehyung stepped out, greeted by the familiar grandeur of the estate. 

As he entered the living room, he found Mingyu pacing back and forth, while Yugyeom lounged on the couch, engrossed in a call with Jaehyun.

Mingyu paused mid-pace, catching sight of Taehyung. He quickly motioned to Yugyeom to end the call, and with an apologetic nod, Yugyeom concluded the conversation with Jaehyun. "I'll talk to you later, Hyung. Hyungie has just arrived."

As the call ended, Taehyung cleared his throat to capture the twins' attention. Mingyu's eyes lit up with excitement, and Yugyeom grinned, recognizing their beloved brother. Before they could utter a single word, Taehyung raised a hand, signaling for a moment of patience.

"Before you guys bombard me with questions and queries, let me freshen up, grab something to eat, and maybe take a nap," Taehyung announced, a playful glint in his eyes. "It's been a long week."

Mingyu and Yugyeom exchanged glances, curiosity evident in their expressions. However, Taehyung continued, "We can talk when I wake up, besides, it's a conversation that needs Jungkook. So, we'll wait for him too."

Without waiting for a response, Taehyung made his way upstairs, leaving the twins in the living room, exchanging puzzled looks. As Taehyung disappeared from view, Mingyu couldn't contain his curiosity any longer.

"Why did he hide talking to Shihyuk from us?" Mingyu started pacing again. Yugyeom shrugged, offering a nonchalant smile.

"I wonder why," Yugyeom responded sarcastically. 

Mingyu quickly turned to Yugyeom, "What does that mean?" He asked incredulously. What was Yugyeom implying.

"Well, Gyu, in case you haven't realized, to which I would like to know how you wouldn't, but we aren't the most liberating little brothers in the world." Yugyeom started, picking up his phone from where he threw it.

"We tend to be quite a bit overprotective," He clarified, and quickly added, "For a valid reason, I know!" He knew what Mingyu wanted to say, and even if he shared the sentiments, they had to see things from Taehyung's perspective once in a while.

"But sometimes I can't help but feel like we are suffocating him you know?" Yugyeom murmured, maneuvering himself around to get comfortable on the couch.

Mingyu looked like he wanted to say something but he quickly stopped himself when he realised that it has gotten worse.

Especially since Taehyung started Seeing Jungkook.

Even though they had his best interest at heart, and wanted to protect him from anything and everything that would harm him, they knew deep down that hurt was inevitable.

Especially heartbreak.

Look at them talking like philosophers.

"I- I guess you're right," Mingyu whispered dejectedly.

"I just don't want him to get hurt, you know?" Mingyu Continued. "The thing with Yoongi absolutely broke him. It tore him apart."

By now he had tears pooling at his waterline.

Taehyung was a hopeless romantic, and unfortunately or fortunately; depending on how you see it, he always saw the good in everything and everyone.

So, when Yoongi said all those things, especially with the tone he used, Taehyung absolutely shattered close to beyond repair. And the twins didn't know what to do.

So, they took a vow.

They vowed to never. EVER! Let their brother get hurt again.

※※※※

Hello besties🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🥺

😁😅 The "on hold" is just a safety net tbh😅🤗🤗

🤗🤗I'll be sure to update whenever I can.