Part 3: New york

Y/n POV:

Me, Tony and Steve sat around the table. With Maria hill and Nick was standing. Nick held some cards in his hands with blood on them. "These were in Phil Coulson's jacket. I guess he never did get you to sign them." Nick threw the cards on the table. Steve reached for one seeing the blood on it.

"We're dead in the air up here. Our communications, the location of the cube, Banner, Thor. I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye. Maybe I had that coming." Nick paused before continuing.

"Yes. We were going to build an arsenal with the Tesseract. I never put all my chips on that number, though, because I was playing something even riskier."

"There was an idea. Stark knows this, called the avengers initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people. To see if they could become something more. To see if they could work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles that we never could."

"Phil Coulson died, still believing in that idea. In heroes." Tony got up from his seat and left the room. "Well, it's an old-fashioned notion." I then got up and left the room.

I felt my side starting to hurt again. I walked over to the infirmary holding my side. As I walked in I saw Natasha and who I assume is Clint Barton. "Sorry didn't mean to disturb you guys. I just need to get this checked out."

"You alright." Clint asked pointing to my side.

"Well besides getting almost squeeze to death and punched in the head by the hulk. I say I'm doing just fine." Natasha helped me down on a chair.

"I'm going to need you take off this so I can patch you up." Natasha said pointing at the suit. I took off the top half of the suit, revealing two large bruises on my sides. "Good thing I showed up when I did." She said patching me up.

"Yeah but you got hurt too."

"But I'm fine. I can take care of myself."

"No doubt about that. And hey I'm still alive just like I promised." She looked up at me. "What?"

"You could've." She looked back down.

Why did she care if I died or got hurt. "Why do you care if I die or get hurt." She looked up at me.

"I'm I not allowed to care about my friend." She said with smile.

"Is that what we are." I said with a smirk.

"If you want." She said softly.

"Oh god please knock me out again. So I don't have to hear this." Clint said. I laughed. "At first I would've. Guess he was your boyfriend, Nat." She just laughed it off.

"No, he's not." She said.

"For now." I muttered to myself but Natasha heard it.

"In your dreams." She said finishing up the bandage. "Take it easy don't strain yourself too much."

"I'm gonna go freshen up." Clint said getting up and heading to the restroom. Meanwhile I put the rest of my suit back on.

"So what's the plan? How we're going to stop Loki." I asked still remembering we had a job to do.

"I don't know. he has everything he needs. We have to find him and stop him quick. With what we have left." There was a moment of silence for a few minutes.

"You were right." I said. Natasha looked at me a little confused.

"About what?"

"About, being a potential threat. After what happened with Barton, it made me realize that if that was to happen to me. I could've cost a lot of harm or worse." If Loki took over my mind. He could've made me do things I would never want to do.