Respect For a Fellow Sentient Being

Zero POV:

I was at the Complex with Oneduring Noon and decided to pass the time by killing Eternalists. We hear an explosion that shakes the entire area and decide to check it out. After a quick vote with One, we murder every Eternalist guarding the place. I see a door open and a small entrance and decide to check it out. There was a room connected that had two guns inside a container with a battery-powered lock.

One: It's battery this, battery that, and everything else needs a freaking battery on this island

One: It's battery this, battery that, and everything else needs a freaking battery on this island. Why can't they be like Orario and have hand scanners?

Zero: Probably because this area was made long before Akira and her company came and did mass renovations to Orario. And she probably focused only on the city.

One: That's true. You win. So, let's go get batteries so you can have these pistols.

Zero: Don't you want one? There are two of them.

One: I'm okay with my claws and Vampiric LIMPs. Besides, you're my love and I want you to be ready for anything.

Zero: Okay.

Me and One gather multiple batteries through the complex and power the lock. The container opens and I grab the pistols.

Eternalist: What the fuck happened here!?

One: Looks like we've got company.

Zero: Then let's not keep them waiting.

I go to the Eternalists and start firing the pistols, finding out they each have a burst fire mode. The Eternalists fall and disappear to be revived the next day. I soon see pistols have holes that match the size and length of the barrels. I insert one pistol into the other and they come together. More Eternalists arrive and I shoot them. The pistols have turned into an SMG that has a slightly longer burst fire than when they are separate. The Eternalist dropped and I put away the pistols.

Zero: Okay, Once I infuse Residuum into these, they'll be mine for the rest of the loop.

One: Should we leave?

Zero: Why not?

The two of us leave the complex and head for Colt's Hideout. Colt then returns as One decides to head for Fristad Rock. I tell Colt what I and One found the other day and we agree to head for the Complex. We go through the guards at Egor's lab and make our way to Wenjie's.

Colt: So, Fia's notebook had a code to a room in Wenjie's lab. It said there was something that she was interested in.

Colt: Well, hopefully, it's something so sciencey that it she can't resist it. And yes, I know there is a different way to phrase it, but nothing comes to mind at the moment so get off my back.

Zero: I wasn't going to say anything other than "Let's kill Wenjie and get her Residuum".

Colt: Sorry, had to deal with Julianna constantly. She prefers to stay in this loop than get out of it.