Chapter 17

Alex's POV

I felt my entire body tense up, staring at the vampire in-front of me with wide eyes. Seeing this, she burst out laughing. Tears in her eyes as she covered her mouth with a hand.

Seeing this, my fear turned to confusion. Why was she laughing? Is she crazy or something?

Wiping away a tear, Jane's laughter slowly stopped. She looked back at me, a wide smile on her face. "I wound never feed from you without your permission, little wolf." She laughed. "You look so adorable when you're scared."

I blushed, realizing that she was just messing with me. Although, there was still a small hint of fear when it made clear that she wasn't a hornless demon hiding her wings.

Even thought vampires and werewolves get along now, we still don't fully trust each other. We mostly keep to ourselves if need be.

Running her fingers through her light ash blond hair, Jane stared down at me with her still bright cherry color eyes. Her smile turning into a grin.

"It was nice meeting you, Alexandra. But I must head inside to clench my thirst." Taking a few steps toward me, Jane pushed a small bit of my hair behind my human ear. "I hope to see you soon, my little wolf."

Giving me one last glance, Jane spun around and headed towards inside. Her heels clicking against the stone path. I sighed, my shoulders relaxed when she was walking away.

Even though she was breathtaking for an undead, she was also kind of scary. Probably because this is the first time I meet a vampire before.

Looking to see Jane enter the castle, a wave of exhaust suddenly washed over me. Guess my social battery is empty.

Letting out a small groan, I rubbed the back of my neck. Looks like I'm not heading back inside. Looking around for a moment, I saw a bench near by.

Seeing it, I immediately walked over to the bench and laid down on my back. Not really comfy but it's better than heading back inside, dealing with annoying Alphas staring at me for a few hours before we have to leave.

Gazing up at the sky, I saw bright tiny dots of stars scattered around while the moon full. It's bright then usually but I paid no mind to that.

The only thing on my mind is sleep. Yeah I slept the entire way here but meeting the queen of werewolves and a vampire, that probably shouldn't be here, is very draining.

Plus, I'm only closing my eyes for just a few minutes. That's all. Just a few minutes..."Well, well. If it isn't our favorite play thing." Or not.

Opening my eyes, I turned my head to see Arthur with Blake and Even at each side, walking up to me with huge grins on their faces. I really don't wanna deal with them right now.

Stopping a few feet away, I let out another sigh. "What do you want now, Arthur?" I asked, closing my eyes before shivering when a wind of cold air hit me. "I just wanna know how a worthless omega like you managed to get in a place like this."

"I have my ways. Not leave me alone, I'm tired." They didn't like that. Hearing multiple enraged growls, a pair of footsteps angrily stomped over to me and grabbed the front of my dress. My eyes snapped open.

Without much effort, Arthur lifted me up a couple feet. I instantly grabbed his hand with mine, gripping it tightly as I stared down at his smug face angrily with gritted teeth. "You should treat me with more respect. After all, omegas can break so easily if you're not careful."

"I rather die." Arthur's grin grew, an insane look filled his eyes which sent shivers down my spine. Fear grabbing hold of me. "If you say so."

-