Chapter 29

Third Person POV

As Alex stumbled out of her chambers, she collapsed onto the carpeted ground. Clutching her arm, eyes widen with pain whist she trembled uncontrollably.

Everything hurt like never before. It was way worst then all the torment she went through in her pack.

'Get to the forest.' Hearing those words from her wolf, Alex slowly got back onto her feet and used the wall as support to get to the stairs. 'We have to go outside.'

Trying her best to ignore the pain, Alex bit down on her lip. But with how hard she was doing it with tiny canines that were slowly growing, her lip instantly started to bleed.

She ignored the taste of blood and slowly went down the stairs. Going step by step with a hazy vision. Halfway down, she miscalculated and missed a step, taking a tumble down the rest of the stairs and hitting her head.

At the bottom of the staircase, groans came from Alex as rolled onto her side. She laid there for a minute before sitting up, shaking her head lightly to get rid of the dizziness.

She was already in tremendous amount of pain  so she was unable to feel any aching from the small tumble. Didn't even notice that she was bleeding from the wound on her forehead until she felt something drip onto her hand. Looking down, she saw drops blood.

Feeling something wet trickle down her neck, she reached up and wiped it away. Only to see even more blood on her hand.

'I'm sorry.' Mist whimpered upon seeing the blood. 'But we must head outside. Head to the forest.'

Panting, Alex slowly got back up. Dreading her existence when seeing the next flight of stairs she needed to go down.

She gripped tightly to her arm with clenched teeth, steadily walking down the second flight of stairs at a snails pace. Leading against the wall and got blood on it, not like she noticed or cared.

With her vision already hazy and her left eye closed from all the blood, it took a long while for Alex to find a back door that lead out to the forest.

Upon opening the door and seeing greenery, Mist instantly got excited. Jumping around in Alex's head as she whining to be let out. To be free after so long.

But Alex held her back. Stumbling into the forest with shaky legs that were about ready to collapse. She didn't notice the full moon or the red clouds, nor the ravens in the trees watching her ever step.

She walked and walked until her legs finally gave out from under her. Alex went crashing down onto the forest floor in a small clearing.

There the pain got worst. Way worst.

Alex screamed in agony as the beginning of her torture began. She felt every bone in her body steadily broke itself one by one and shifted to change into something different. There was a pounding headache that felt like it was slipping her head wide open. Her eyes felt like there were about it to pop out of her skull.

Her teeth became more like a wolf's as the hands tightly gripping her head grew sharp claws with fur slowly appearing.

When Alex turned to lay on her back, she stared up at the bright sky noticing that her vision was no longer hazy but much sharper. She saw ants climb up a tree in a single file line, the smallest crack and dent in a tree, a beetle on a leaf that was well hidden that you wouldn't even see it if you didn't have twenty twenty vision and looking very closely.

But that wasn't all. After realizing that her vision became much sharper, she was immediately bombarded by the forest sounds that screamed in her ears. Birds chirping, cries from owls, large wings flapping, a thunder of paws slamming against the dirt like they were running, crickets chirping, something darting through the trees, a small waterfall.

And finally the smell. The dirt, damp moss, pine needles, flowers, the trees's wet wood, and so much more that Alex couldn't place or remember.

Everything was deeply overwhelming the poor, small, omega girl. Who shut her eyes, clapped her hands over her ears, and tried to ignore all the smells.

She didn't know how long she laid there in pain or when she passed out.

Upon regaining consciousness, Alex was no longer in pain, much to her relief. When she tried to get up, she just fell back down to the ground.

Looking down to see paws instead of hands, she began to panic. Trying her hardest to get up while not understanding what was going on till the sound of Mist's voice calmed down. 'Calm down, human! You just shifted.'

I shifted? Alex though, finally calmed. 'Yes.' After that, Mist taught her how to stand in her wolf form without tripping over her tail or stepping on her other paws.

Alex enjoyed being in her new form, not paying attention to anything as she messed around until she was introduced by something huge landing right next to her.

Turning her head, Alex's eyes widen when she saw a giant red scaled dragon staring down at her with a scary look. It was the same dragon from her dream a couple weeks back!

That wasn't all. Her ears twitched with the sound of bushes rustling and out come flying into view a blond fur wolf and a huge brown fur tiger.

A moment later, the pretty vampire woman jumped out from the shadows. The demon queen  soon arrived too.

All five of them surrendered her. Trapping her so she couldn't get away.

Alex's ears pinned back afraid as she let out small whimpers. Glancing at the rulers that watched her pace around, trying to look for a place to hide.

Seeing the little wolf scared out of her mind, the dragon lowered her head to be face to face with her and after a moment of silently staring at each other, sticked out her long, smooth tongue and gently licked Alex's bloody forehead.

Alex let out a small whine, trying and failing to get away from the dragon grooming her who gently grabbed her tail to pull her back when she got too far away, getting her saliva all over Alex's fur. The others chucked at the sight in-front of them.

After a while of getting groomed, Alex got a small whiff of something mixed in the air. It smelled sweet, fresh, and fruity. 'Mates! They're our mates!'

Mates? Alex paused, thinking for a moment before her eyes widen. I HAVE MATES!?

-