Chapter 28

Third Person POV

"Your majesty, there was another attack. This time in the West. Thirteen dead. Five missing." Jackson read, a letter in his hands.

He looked up to see Emma rubbing her forehead in frustration, gritting her teeth as she tried to think but couldn't due to a huge headache. She let out an angry sigh. "There's more."

Emma huffed, opening her eyes as she glanced over at the older male. "What is it?" Jackson put his hands behind his back and cleared his throat. "The Council wishes to speak to you. They demand a meeting in the coming days."

Shaking in fury, Emma slammed her fist against the desk. Shooting up from the chair as she glared at her assistant. "Don't they know I'm already overworked!?" She growled, feeling her blood boil.

"I already having a hard time dealing with the after math of the war along with a mystery bastard that's causing trouble everywhere in the western hemisphere. I don't have time to deal with the council's shit!"

Angrily gripping her hair, Emma mumbled under her breath. Cursing the council for pestering her during an extremely stressful time and the unknown person that was leading attacking on werewolf packs at random.

Seeing that the room suddenly got bright, the blond shewolf calmed slightly and turned to look out the window. Her eyes widened at what she saw.

Queen Taylor swung her sword, clashing with one of her soldier's who used all his strength to hold his ground. She gridded her teeth, pushing herself back and taking another swing just to be blocked once again.

The weretiger grinned slightly, sweat rolling down her brow as she stared the warrior down. "You're getting better." The soldier only grinned back.

His eyes widened when he was suddenly swept off his feet. "But you still can't beat me." Taylor pointed the sword at her opponent who sighed, raising his hands. "I yield."

Helping the lad back to his feet, he dust the dirt off his pants. "At least I managed to actually land a hit on you."

Taylor smirked, rubbing her thumb over the cut on her cheek as she tapped the sword on her shoulder.

Seeing that it suddenly got brighter, Taylor frowned. Turning her back to the boy and looking up at the sky.

Jane stood in one of the halls in the castle, sipped blood from her blood bag, arms crossed as she leaned against a wall. Staring outside a window.

The Dragon Queen silently walked over to her, standing by her mate as she too stared up at the sky. Neither of them saying a word.

There was a crazy look in his eyes, a huge, sinister smile on his face as he stared up at the sky. The bruised, pale, bleeding woman on her knees at his feet felt her blood run cold.

Her silver hair glisten in the moon's radiate light.

She shook with fright. Eyes widened, full of panic and terror. An abundance of tears running down her cheeks but no sound escape her.

Simply too overwhelmed by horror to move or make a sound.

"She's awaken her beast." The man laughed, not even bothered to look at the petrified woman. A shiver of excitement ran through his body as he spun around and yelled at the nearest maid.

"Ready the men!"

"Sister." A young girl rushed into the cell, breathing heavily from all the running. Her gaze spotting a nearly unconscious woman tied up in a chair trembling, wounds all over her that bled.

Her face was heavily bruised, a deep gash on her forehead, an eye swollen shut, with a busted lip. Her hair seeming to be horribly chopped off so it was just a few inches above her shoulders and an ear that looked like it been cut off.

The queen whipped blood off the knife in her hand with her handkerchief. Not looking back at the child that was rudely interrupting her interrogation. "I'm in the middle of something, Jordan."

"But the moon." Jordan started as her eldest sister continued cleaning the knife, not caring what she was saying. "It's full again."

Impossible. The Moon Goddesses celebration wasn't even a month ago, it's only been a couple weeks. How is it possible that the moon was full again? So quick?

Eli froze, turning to look at her sister with her arms at her side. A look of seriousness on her face as she gripped the knife tightly. "Are you sure?"

Jordan nodded her head, frantic. "Yes." She breathed out. "But that's not all, the clouds are...red."

-