Chapter 34

Alex's POV

This is very awkward. I'm currently sitting in a restaurant with Queen Emma and her WereTiger friend, getting stared at by everyone.

After everyone's laughing fit, Harper and Max decided to head back to the castle since the limo was full to the brim of stuff Max bought. There was barely any room for two people so Harper suggested that I should just take Queen Emma's friend on her offer and have lunch with them.

After a while of whining and begging, I reluctantly agreed when Harper didn't break. I really need to find a way to slip through the cracks with her. The only person that can make her follow their every whim is Max.

Snapping out of my thoughts when hearing some whispers, I turned my head slightly to see some guys quietly talking about us. It was very obvious seeing as they kept on glancing at our direction.

Queen Emma's friend noticed I wasn't paying attention and frowned. She looked at what I was staring at and frowned even more.

There was a dark look in her eyes as she let out a low growl that kind of scared me and everyone else, including the group of boys. They flinched and snapped their heads the other way, avoiding to even glance back at us.

I sighed in relief.

Queen Emma lightly smiled at the two of us, resting her head against her hand. "I've heard that this place is quite good to have lunch." It's more around dinner time but whatever. It's still very sunny out. "Let's see what's on the menu."

Menu? I looked at her majesty confused, watching as her and her friend picked up a big card and opened it. Reading what's inside.

Glancing down, I saw that I too had a menu. Picking it up with some hesitation, I opened it and saw pictures of food I've never saw before. My mouth watered at just seeing it all.

These foods look so much different than the food at the pack and castle. It looks so foreign.

"What are you gonna get, little omega." Glancing up at her majesty's friend, I blushed and looked away. Using the menu to hide my face. "I-I don't know." I whispered. I'll be surprised if she heard me. "I've never been to a restaurant before."

She looked surprised when hearing that, head tilted to the side as she stared at me. One of her tiger ears was flat while the other was pointing straight up. In a way, it was rather cute seeing her like that. "Really? I thought normal folks always go to restaurants-ow!"

The WereTiger hissed in pain, turning to Queen Emma who was still reading her menu acting like she just didn't elbow her, and looked at Queen Emma heartbroken. Like she was just kicked like a little puppy. Which is funny seeing as she's a cat. "What was that for?"

"Don't be rude." Queen Emma said, putting her menu down. The WereTiger frowned, looking away from her. "I wasn't being rude."

A woman with a notepad came up to us, looking nervous. "Are you three ready to order?" Queen Emma nodded her head. "Yes, I'll have a chicken salad with water, please."

"I'll have a big, juicy steak! The biggest you got!" The WereTiger grinned. Her majesty sighed and shook her head. "She'll have a glass of water-"

She was quickly interrupted by her friend. "Beer! I want beer." Queen Emma looked angry that her friend did that but she only scoffed and rolled her eyes. Crossing her arms over her chest.

The server nodded her head, scribbling down what they said before turning to me. "And you?" To be honest, I panicked. All of it looked so good. I can't really decide on which one to pick.

After a moment of awkward silence, I just blurred out the hamburger with a soda. The server wrote that down before saying that she'll be back with the food as soon as possible than walked away.