Chapter 22

Alex's POV

I hissed in pain, leaning forward while pressing my hand against my side. Starfire looked at me worried. "What's wrong, little wolf?"

I felt something wet on the tips of my fingers. "Nothing." Glancing up, I saw Starfire's nose twitch. Best come up with a lie. "It's that time of the month for me. Sorry."

Her eyes widened, a blush on her face as she took a step back. "O-oh." Aww, she's embarrassed. That's cute. "I'm gonna head back inside."

Standing up, I held in a moan of pain. Trying to keep this pretty lady from worrying for me. I don't wanna be a bother.

Giving her one last smile, I headed inside. Clenching my side while doing so as I felt Starfire watch me leave. This is what I get for pushing myself to far. I think one of my stitches came loose.

I better change fast. Looking down, blood is already dirtying the white shirt her majesty gave me. And I don't have any extra clothes. Can this day get any worst?

It can. Standing in the middle of nowhere, surround by trees, I looked around, not knowing where I am. I've been walking for forever. My feet hurt and I have no more energy for this. What a huge pain!

The castle is gigantic! I've roamed through hallway after hallway, going up and down staircases, and even a very large garden that I spent endless time and is still in it!

Why do people need so many giant gardens in the first place!? It's a waste of space and money! Tending to all of them must take so much time.

At this rate I'll be out here all night. What's even more bad is that I'm kind of dizzy. If I don't find help soon then I'm probably gonna collapse again.

Hearing the sounds of swords clashing and loud growls, my ears shot up from under my hat. Sniffing the air, I smelled...cats?

Why are there cats in werewolf territory? Wait, that doesn't matter right now. I'll take any help I can get right now.

Without a moment's hesitation, I started walking to where all that rackets was coming from. It didn't take me long to reach a training ground.

There was a bunch of tall, muscular people fighting with swords. Small traces of iron lingered in the air as well as sweat. Ew.

Who are they? They don't look like werewolves nor do they smell like one. In all honesty, a small part of me is telling me to run as fast as I can but another part of telling me to stay.

How weird. My instincts don't normally act like this. I can't tell if they're dangerous or not.

A woman a few feet away from me, raised her head before turning around. Making me panic as I immediately ducked into some bushes, watching her.

She was tall and buff with short, brunette hair with ears on top and yellow eyes. A cigarette was in between her lips.

Taking the cigarette out of her mouth, she blew out some smoke before heading over to where I was hiding, hand on her hip.

Watching as she got closer and closer, my heart started to race. I began to sweat nervously and just like that, she was standing right above me, staring down at me with an annoyed expression.

"And what is a runt like you doing here on my territory?" She asked, her voice rough and slightly deep.

Her territory? What is she talking about? "I got lost." She sighed after a moment of being silent, rubbing her head. "Stand up and follow me, little omega."

Without even seeing me get up, she stared walking away. Not much of a choice, I slowly stood up and began following her.

The sounds of fighting slowly stopped as I felt their stares on me. My amazing hearing picking up their whispers.

Right when we reached an area with wooden training dummies and crates with a couple open, the woman pointed to one of the closed one. "Sit down."

I immediately did what she said while she took another drag of her cig, faintly tapping it to get rid of ash at the end.

Expelling some more smoke, she let out a hummed. Turning her attention towards the warriors who gazes were fixated on us.

"Stop slacking off! Go back to training, you morons!" Flinching, they promptly looked away and went back to fighting each other.

"Idiots." She mumbled, turning back to face me. Her eyes spotting the red stain on the side of my shirt. Without saying a word, she walked away. Soon coming back with a first aid kit a couple minutes later.

Pushing a crate near me, the brunette took a seat right in-front of me, blocking me from the others view. "Take off your shirt."

Without hesitation, I took off my shirt and set it to the side. The woman then instantly started to take off my bandages.

We stayed in awkward silence until I decided to break it. "So...where am I?" I asked, the bandages fully off. "You said this is your territory but doesn't Queen Emma ruled these lands."

She gave me a quick glance before turning back to grab a needle and sting. "Do you not know, little omega?" I tilted my head confused. Know what? Am I missing something?

She sighed again, re-stitching my wound. "After the war, five castle were built. Close to one another but still equally spaced out by a few miles and ruled by each of my mates and I."

Finally done, with the stitching, the woman began to bandaged me back up. "I believe you were on Emma's turf and wander off into mine. Which is weird seeing as there is a giant forest in-between each domain and guarded.•

The woman sat up straight. Focusing on me. I smiled nervously at her. So that huge garden wasn't a garden at all. Lovely.

Wait. "Did you say your mates rule each territory?" Everything went dark after that.

-