Chapter 21

Alex's POV

"You stole from the Werewolf Queen? The Champion of War?" Liz asked in a high pitched voice, wide eyes with her arms crossed over her chest. Her expression mixed with fear and shock.

We were outside exploring one of the few gardens here since I'm impatient and wanted to leave that god awful bed since there was nothing to do.

Not because I kept on throwing up the entire day and wanted some fresh air. Who knew that getting silver out of your system makes you violently sick. So fun! I love it.

Cause I'm still sick, I got tired after a short while of walking so I'm currently resting on a fountain that we stumbled upon. That's when I took out my new treasure.

Liz and Nini stood in-front of me as they watched me spin the shiny pen that I "borrowed" from her majesty, Queen Emma. Guess I am dumb enough to steal from royalty. I'm not gonna tell that to Zack though.

"It's not stealing." I frowned, slightly leaning back as water poured out of the fountain. "I'm just...hanging on to it, forever."

Nini frowned at my innocent face, putting her hands on her hips. Harper was a few feet away, laying on a bench while ignoring us as she took her afternoon nap. She's always sleeping.

"I know you're crazy but I can't believe you're crazy enough to steal from one of the most dangerous people on the planet."

I sticked my tongue out at them, remembering all the times that I took my friends things and refused to give it back, until they forcefully took their stuff back. Jerks.

It's not my fault that I have an urge to collect things that were shiny and hide them in my room.

"Where's Zack and Max? I haven't seen them since the party." Nini sighed, shaking her head as I continued to spin the pen with my fingers. "Zack's at the hotel room with Zarah and I believe that Max is out spending time with her family."

Humming, I stopped spinning the pen and began examining it. It was a very fancy looking with a howling wolf for a brand, most of it was covered with yellow metal which glistened in the sunlight.

"That doesn't belong to you, little wolf." I loudly squealed, turning around to see a woman with scarlet red hair and clover green eyes.

What is she doing here? Is she allowed to be here? She doesn't smell like a werewolf. Actually, she doesn't smell like anything. Is she hiding her scent? Why? Her hair reminds me of something I've seen before but I don't remember where.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, scooting away from her. Her head tilted to the side, an amused smile on her face. "I could ask the same thing, little wolf."

She stood up straight, looking away for a moment before staring down at me. "This is the Royal Family, Moon's garden. You're not one of the gardens or a guard. Are you a guest?"

I slowly nodded my head, looking to see my friends walking away. Harper was still laying on the bench. Where are they go? They can't leave me here with this unknown woman!

My social battery is at zero right now!

"I asked them to leave." I turned back to this strange woman, watching her carefully. "No need to be nervous, little wolf. I just want to speak to you."

She continued to smile, her eyes trailing off me and at the pen in my hand. "Where did you get that?"

"I just saw it and grabbed it. I like collecting shiny things." Her gazed soften as I put the pen in my pocket. "Me too. I'm Samantha, but people call me Starfire."

She sticked her hand out, I stared at it for a moment before taking it. "I'm Alex." I said, watching as she bowed down to touch my hand with her forehead. What a weird greeting.

"How old are you, Alex?" Starfire asked, letting my hand go as she stood back up. "16. I'm turning 17 in a couple weeks."

"So you'll be finding your mate soon then, correct?" I looked away from her. "I guess so. But I think that they're gonna reject me." Why am I opening up to her? She's a stranger.

"Why do you think that?" Starfire growled. I could hear in the anger in her voice. "Because I'm an omega. A nobody."

The woman next to me said nothing, the smell of rage coming from her was intense though. I wander why. She doesn't know me.

-