Chapter 7: The Current Couplet

A few days had passed since Abaeze was bested by one of Team Nerve's Admins, Damian, as well as since Cherri and Jazmine first stepped foot at Bananda. Within such a short span of time however many things had occurred. Jazmine successfully beat Omi and had chosen to head straight towards Benti, the Town which housed the 2nd Gym Leader of the Region. Cherri had ended up failing to find adequate time to talk to her about the mysterious duo he saw nor his family's origins. Though importantly, where was Abaeze currently? Well, as it turns out he is in the same town as Cherri is, though Abaeze was just finishing up a very important battle.

"Mega Drain!"

"Lil'drilah use Whirlpool!"

Omi commanded out for his partner to strike against Abaeze's Treaf, the latter however moving in a coordinated and fast pattern to evade the attack. It gave out a determined roar before using Mega Drain, sapping the Lil'drilah of its remaining vitality and causing it to be knocked out. Abaeze has just completed the first Gym, just like his friends and rivals.

"I'm very impressed, I've never had so many new trainers best me on their first attempt in such a short span of time! You're all remarkably strong."

Omi handed the Gym Badge to Abaeze, who graciously accepted it before departing from the Gym. He immediately turned to the Pokémon Centre, having already learnt his lesson about not ensuring his Pokémon are healed up before heading anywhere. Though as he entered he actually noticed that Cherri was sitting there, though the latter did not seem to notice him. He chose to heal up his team, currently consisting of Treaf, Kingbir and a newly caught Lil'drilah of his own at the lake beside Bananda. After everyone was well healed he approached Cherri directly and greeted him, the other trainer slightly jumping from being greeted so out of the blue.

"O-Oh hi, Abaeze right? Got your first Gym Badge too?"

Abaeze nodded. His badge was on display, answering the question without him having to say a word. Though what Abaeze noticed was that Cherri seemed to be very deep in thought, ushering him to ask Cherri what was up.

"Is something the matter? I can try and help if you need it."

Cherri initially tried to play it off as nothing, but Abaeze was soon really trying to pry the information out of him.

"I promise this can just be between us. If you have something wrong I can help you, even a little."

Cherri gave a little sigh, but got Abaeze to sit next to him so he could discuss it a little privately.

"O-Okay...b-but it might not even be anything that important...it's just that..."

"When I was walking through Rhydon Hills I saw...some very strange people."

He began to detail what had happened, as well as what he had heard. Abaeze asked for a description, though what Cherri gave was not what he was expecting. It didn't seem like Team Nerve or anything of the sort, but it certainly did sound suspicious. Abaeze punched into his hand much to Cherri's surprise

"We will just have to figure it out for ourselves first-hand then. Better safe than sorry."

Cherri did not seem okay with this plan at first, especially if they were getting concerned over nothing.

"W-We can't just storm in! What if it's something we're not meant to know about?"

Bolt soon ejected itself out of its Pokéball, the Gastly seemingly so spurred by the conversation now it wanted to go check out what was there.

"N-Not you too!"

Cherri sighed again, he got outvoted by the majority and now he and Abaeze were about to start their own little exploration. He reluctantly got his things together before the pair of them stood up. Bolt and Treaf were both out of their Pokéballs as the party set their sights on Rhydon Hills once more. They decided to take the route going behind the Professor's laboratory, as it seemed shorter. As they progressed Abaeze was curious about what Cherri had been up to since they met at the aforementioned lab. Cherri was willing to give most of the details of what happened, par one or two things that seemed a little embarrassing to talk about. His battle with Jazmine, him catching Buns, and naturally the joy of him attaining the first Gym Badge.