Chapter 8: Ruins of Serenity

A deafening cry erupted from the source of the rumbling, the vibrations soon solidifying themselves as the intense thuds of an enormous beast. As its body emerged from the shadows its form was revealed. An elephantine creature doused in what looked like gold jewellery which contrasted its archaic and dusty body. Giant tusks, size almost comparable to Abaeze or Cherri alone protruding from its face. In its eyes a quiet judgement gazed upon those who had disturbed it, the only part that didn't scream immense danger. It had an overwhelming presence to it, a level of dominating authority to its aura. Abaeze, Cherri, Alterna; they all looked on in awe at the being accidentally unleashed by their battle.

"W-What is that thing?!"

Despite Cherri raising a question nobody was able to answer. But just by its might there was enough to be known by looking at it, this was a Legendary Pokémon. One that didn't seem particularly happy based on its cry. It's name?

 It's name?

ELABNAKOF

It seemed to be raring for a battle, but especially after the fight the three of them had there was no chance they would be able to take such a monstrous threat on. Abaeze was the first to snap out of the awe of its being, grabbing onto Cherri's wrist and running, yelling for Alterna to run too despite their prior conflict.

"It isn't safe here anymore! We need to leave now!"

Once the pair of them came to their senses they all began to run out towards the entrance. Elabnakof let out another cry as the enter cavern began to quake, throwing everybody off balance and toppling them over. rocks and boulders began to collapse around them, going so far as to partially blocking off the only way out of the cave system just as another bout of misfortune. A set of stalactites broke loose from the cave ceiling and crashed towards the trio, however Baerka and Bolt both came out of their Pokéballs by force to save their trainers (and Alterna). A Razor Leaf and a Payback proved enough to crush the falling rocks into nothingness.

"If you miserable ingrates didn't get in my way we wouldn't be in this mess!"

"If it had shown up without us here you wouldn't be able to complain to us right now!"

A minor back and forth began between Abaeze and Alterna before Cherri tried to bring that them back to the reality of the situation at hand. The legendary Pokémon was making its advance towards the bickering group, its cold gaze piercing the eyes of the only person currently still paying attention to it.

"I-It's coming back this way!"

Abaeze stopped arguing as his focus was turned back to Elabnakof. With Cherri in turn they commanded their Pokémon to attack the mammoth, Baerka using Mega Drain and Gastly using Lick. However when the moves make contact they barely even scratch the body of the elephantine Pokémon, it merely swiping its nose around and forcing both Abaeze and Cherri's Pokémon away from it. There was nothing they were able to do, it defences were impregnable and just its steps were almost enough to cause cave ins. It was right before the trio know, its immense size instilling fear into the hearts of Cherri, Alterna and even Abaeze. It seemed like it was game over...