Meeting The Dragon Prince?!

Running wasn't Andrew's forte in life. Sports never appealed to him, and working out didn't fit into his schedule. And yet, his body didn't allow him to stop pushing through the crowd that filled the freaky town he had ended up in.

With burning lungs and feet, he shoved the people out of his way, no goal in mind other than away. Away from all the weird things his mind was making up, and away from the horrible sinking feeling in his gut. The town had endless rows of buildings and people, though, so making it out didn't seem possible. Andrew wasn't even sure he could make it back out the way he came.

Despite not taking in much of his surroundings, Andrew could hear people begin to shout at him, some trying to grab him. The denser the crowd got, the more the hands gripped at his jacket and tried to yank him back. Not even his most intense nightmares could compare to how disorienting their voices and touch were.

Andrew yanked his arm free from someone who had nearly stopped him, bolting forward harder than before. He only got a few steps away before his face collided with something big, soft, and warm. Being stopped so suddenly made Andrew groan, his insides jostling and twisting into an even bigger knot of anxiety. Every conversation died, and the music came to an abrupt end. For a moment, Andrew wondered if he had hit his head hard enough to pass out again.

Before he could open his eyes and see what or who he ran into, an arm wrapped around his back and pulled him closer, mashing his face against their chest.

"What seems to be the rush, my friend?" A deep, resonating voice rumbled from their chest right into Andrews. "Are you looking for someone? Perhaps, me?"

Andrew unburied his face from the man's burgundy shall and looked up at him. Ruby red eyes stared back, lined with black makeup that trapped his eyes from looking away. Judging by the way everyone had stopped the festivities to stare at them, Andrew guessed that this man was someone important. Someone that he shouldn't be pressed against, though it wasn't as if he had much of a choice.

When he tried to step back, the man tightened his grip on him.

"Ah-ah, I need some answers before I let you go. Who are you?" The man offered a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Depending on your answer, I may be able to help you from whatever you're running from."

Andrew clenched his jaw. His nerves shouldn't be getting the better of him. He posted articles all the time that put a target on his back without flinching or thinking twice about how people might be upset with him. And it wasn't like he would ever see any of those people again, so why wasn't he using the backbone he knew he had and just demanding that they answer his questions?

"I'm not here for you," he said, pushing himself as far from the other man as he could. "I..." Being a little further back allowed him to see more of the man. There were horns on his head. Ones that looked to be coming out of his skull and not just slapped on like some costume. "I, uh, I want to know who you are, first."

The crowd gasped and mumbled, acting as if he didn't have a right to know who the person holding him captive was.

"Of course, how rude of me," the man laughed and shook his head, letting up on his grip. "I am Prince Elias. I come to town at least once a year, and this year I managed to run into you. And I'm glad for it because you've caused quite a stir, and I do prefer it if I know everything that's happening in my kingdom." Elias leaned down, his nose softly bumping into Andrew's. "I believe it's your turn now. Who are you, and why are you running through this city as if something is chasing you? Do you need help?"

Andrew's heart had already been pounding from running, but the sound of it had started to fill his ears and muffle some of the prince's words. "A big nerd, great," he grumbled, trying to compose himself. There was no way he had actually come face to face with a prince from someplace he had never heard of. All of it sounded so made up, and it was then that a lot of the tension in Andrew's body released, a loud laugh escaping him.