Meeting the Dragon Queen?!

Waking up a second time in the castle solidified to Andrew that, unfortunately, his situation was real and no amount of wishing it wasn't was going to get him out of there.

Thankfully, Elias answered the knock on his door right away in the morning, and they were able to make their way to a dining hall not far from the kitchen. The prince didn't speak much on their way over, though he did hold every door open for Andrew and even pulled his chair out for him.

"You know I can do all that crap by myself. I may not always act like it, but I am an adult," Andrew said as he got comfortable in his seat. Which proved to be more difficult than he'd like since the fancy thing didn't have much cushion on it.

Elias laughed, sitting in the chair next to him. "Am I not allowed to treat my guest well?"

Andrew shrugged. "If that's the way you're looking at it, then it's fine, I guess. I'm not offended, I just want to make sure you know that my being lost here doesn't equate to me being completely useless. It may be stiff and cracks a lot, but my body still works for basic things."

"I will never underestimate you, Andrew. That is a promise. I just want to make you as comfortable as possible." The prince cleared his throat and looked at the door. "I do hope that you don't mind that my mother will be joining us for breakfast. If there's anything that she says or does that makes you uncomfortable, please do let me know. She has an... Old-fashioned way of looking at things sometimes."

"She has an old-fashioned way of things? What, does she think fire is scary? You can't go much further back than you already have with all of this, my dude."

The prince gave a dry chuckle. "Again, I don't always get what you mean, but I assure you, fire doesn't frighten my mother." He looked down at the table and quietly added, "Not much does."

It dawned on Andrew then that Elias wasn't the only one in on things. He had a mom in on it, too? She might've been the one to raise him into all the crazy role-playing stuff. That or he dragged her into it. Either way, Andrew didn't think he'd be able to hold back laughter seeing an older woman act like a dragon.

The main door opened and revealed a tall woman, one that looked an awful lot like Elias. Her hair wasn't the same color of blonde, though. In fact, it looked dyed because the roots were a deep red, much like her wings and dress.

"Elias, this must be..." Her piercing gaze landed on Andrew. "Andrew, yes? It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Queen Amerilla." Her long, puffy dress made it look as though she was gliding to her seat, and when she sat down it fluffed up against the arms of the chair. Like Elias, she tucked her wings behind her back while she sat, looking every bit as proper as a queen should.

A group of waiters dressed in all gray clothes came out of the kitchen, each carrying a different dish, stopping Andrew from acknowledging her statement just yet.

Plates filled with fresh bread, fruit, eggs, and meats were placed in front of Andrew, and he wasted no time grabbing some to fill the empty plate in front of him. Some of the rolls went directly into his mouth and he barely chewed before nodding his head at the queen.

"Ish nishe to meet you," he said around the mouthful.

The queen's hint of a smile turned into a sour pout. "Oh, how lovely. He's..."

"He's our guest, mother. Please do remember that." Elias grabbed a roll as well, putting it on his plate. "And he's very hungry from his trip here. We have no idea how long or how far he traveled to get here, so it makes sense that he would be eager to eat."

Andrew hummed in agreement. Having a few snacks the night before helped, but his stomach wasn't about to let him forget that he went a whole day without food.