Invited Into The Prince's Castle?!

No amount of Elias patting him on the back could get Andrew to open his eyes during their flight. The wind rushing by his ears and messing up his hair was enough adventure for him as it was, he didn't need to also see how high up they were. Even after landing, Andrew took some time to breathe before he opened his eyes.

"I apologize, I didn't think our flight would frighten you. Have you never flown before?" Elias stood calm and collected, his hair and clothes still perfectly all in place.

"I have, but in an airplane! You know, how normal people do it!" Andrew shook out his limbs, fixing his jacket and tussling his hands through his hair to try and flatten it again. "How did you even do that? Wires? A jetpack?" He looked behind Elias, only seeing his wings, which the prince wiggled a few times.

"My wings, of course. All dragons know how to fly, some before they know how to walk."

Andrew rolled his eyes. "I thought we came to your castle so you could finally break character and get me home."

They had landed on the front steps of the place, and thankfully, they had landed on the top of them because there were more steps than Andrew had ever seen in his entire life. The grand staircase led up from a massive road lined by guards, each standing so still he could have mistaken them for statues. At the top, a few more stood, though they didn't interest Andrew as much as the castle itself did.

Massive stone walls towered over him, some coming to pointed roofs with flags on the tops, and some turning into archways that led to more roads. It had to have been a design ripped straight from a rich person's fairy tale because Andrew didn't think any sane architect would do all of that without a big paycheck.

"So you're rich rich," he mumbled, crossing his arms over his chest. "No wonder all these people are so into this. I bet they paid an arm and a leg to get into here and play this big game."

Elias sighed, placing his hand on Andrew's shoulder. "Firstly, we do not barter with body parts here, that's barbaric. And secondly, Andrew, I think it would be best that you understand now that this isn't a game of some sort. I have no idea what you're talking about, and I need you to work with me if you want to get home."

Andrew stepped away from his grasp. "You're still not going to let this go, huh? You want me to believe I got knocked out and zapped into some medieval world? Fine. I'll play your stupid pretend game if it helps you get me out of here." There was only so much of the game he was going to play, but if it was the only way to get help from those people, it would have to be done. "So, Your Majesty, how do I get out of your kingdom? And are there neighboring kingdoms I can know the name of so that I have an idea of where I'm at? Maybe you have some giant round table with a map I can look at?"

"You don't have to call me that, Andrew. You are not from here, so I am not your ruler, and I can tell that right now you need a friend more than anything else. So, please, just call me Elias." The prince gestured to the large doors, which opened as soon as he looked at them. "Follow me and I will do whatever I can to answer your questions and get you home."

"Lead the way then, Elias."

Just inside the doors, red and golden tapestries lined the walls. They had what Andrew assumed to be writing on it, but the language wasn't familiar to him. What he did recognize, though, was a dragon symbol, one that had horns just like Elias. Every tapestry had them, however, the dragon itself on each one looked slightly different from the last.

"Those are my elders," Elias said, tucking his hands and wings behind his back. He looked over at Andrew, offering a small smile. "Once we get some answers, I can give you a small tour of the castle. I know it's not ideal, but it's possible that we'll have to keep you here for a night or two. Hopefully no more than that, though."