4.10 - What Sorcerery Was That? - Dangerous Angels

Bing Shi's attention was drawn to his striking features—vivid red hair and crimson eyes. With her gaze focused on his eyes, she pointed at her heart, inquiring, "Sir's doing?"

Noticing her curious gesture, Ru Quan cast his eyes downward to his chest plate, where he observed a slight bend caused by the knife. He explained, "An accident."

If he answered yes, wouldn't he be seen as a mentally ill person? Not knowing where to start looking, he wandered around the streets without any clear purpose until he spotted this stall. Wasn't this little monster's favorite food?

"Do you like sweet potatoes?" Ru Quan asked Bing Shi the moment he spotted a guard giving her a sweet potato.

Thanking the guard, Bing Shi nodded in anticipation, "I love them."

Tasting every kind of sweet potato in the universe became one of the things on her bucket list, "They are my comfort food. Do you have one too?"

Before Ru Quan could answer, the sweaty, old man stopped him.

"Tian Shi, your role as a courtesan is to allure powerful men, not a mere guard," Hasan chastised, his disapproval evident. At the very least, he could vent his resentment toward Bing Shi outwardly.

"Mr. Hasan. Even a mere guard can become someone of great importance," Bing Shi took a step towards the redhead, sending him a hypnotizing smile, "Am I right, Sir?"

As her words sank in, Ru Quan's mind raced, 'A courtesan?'

"Right," Ru Quan responded with a similar smile and answered her question, "My comfort food...Bananas?"

"What a coincidence..." Bing Shi scrunched her eyebrows suspiciously. Did HQ throw an upgraded Victor before a sweet potato stall? Roaming down his chest, she declared truthfully, "I'm looking for a soul with similar taste to Sir's."

Before Ru Quan could respond, he was interrupted by Hasan again, "..."

"Tian Shi, that's enough of training," Hasan called out and handed her a veil, "Stop wasting your time on a man who obviously isn't rich enough to afford your services."

Without a ripple of emotion, Ru Quan's hands were itching to break Hasan's neck on the spot, his might was pushing through.

Hasan didn't believe that this untouchable angel could seduce anybody and requested her to at least train a few times before going to that place.

Along the way, he pointed at a few serious-looking men. But who was Tian Shi?! Did she use some magic? She was able to keep their interest, almost effortlessly.

"Alright," Bing Shi covered the lover part of her face with a veil. Following Hasan, she began to munch on the sweet potato.

'Everything sounds too good to be true.'

Could someone tell Ru Quan what in the world had just happened? Did she mention a soul?

Before she could disappear, Ru Quan called out, stifling at how flirtatious his words sounded, "Would you believe it? I'm looking for a soul too. The only thing I know about her is her love for sweet potatoes and her name."

Comparing his impression of little monster and this girl, they were quite different. But similarly, both came to him first and asked indirectly for a favor. There was no way he'd ignore it again.

Bing Shi was under the impression that she'd be the only one looking for Xuan Mu. Him looking for her without any memories? How was that possible? Waving at a guard, she took out a banana, a few sour candies, and a bottle of lemonade from his crossbody bag.