4.15 - Stay strong - Dangerous Angels

A sudden flash of memories flooded Ru Quan's mind.

° Start of flashback...

° Inside Bing Shi's room, Ziek reached out to catch the tail that brushed against his arm, only to miss it, "Fūck this snake," he muttered under his breath.

° He turned his attention to the girl seated behind the computer, extending his arms in a silent plea for a hug.

° "Stop cursing at Kuro," Bing Shi scolded while engrossed in drawing a blueprint. "No Huggies for you."

° "I meant... Fūck other systems," Ziek clarified, moving closer to her. He wrapped his arms around her from behind, savoring the scent of her hair. "It's weird how my ability doesn't work on Kuro. What are the chances there's another host?"

° "I met a host in my first mission world. I only got to know about him being a host when he suddenly flashed before my eyes. I know what others feel without needing to be told or whether someone is being truthful or lying. Whenever he was near me, I could feel insincerity," Bing Shi looked down at the arm around her shoulders.

° She continued, "According to quantum physics, everything is composed of energy. Everything we perceive as real is formed from things we consider unreal. To alter energy, there must be a manifestation. Don't think of Kuro as an invisible object. If I can see it, you should be able to as well. It's visible but not through your conventional senses."

° "There are two possibilities. First, I can instinctively see and touch Kuro. Second, Kuro is projecting an image into my brain, manipulating my senses like in virtual reality." She picked up Kuro's form from the desk. "Kuro can't influence your mind, so try using your intuition to perceive it."

° Ziek, covering her palm with his, watched intently how Kuro switched between two visible and invisible energies, "Or third, the other energy is similar to your barrier. Connected to your mind, I can pass through it only if you allow it."

He tried to move her fingers with force; they really looked like as if they were holding onto something tightly, "I can sense danger from negative energies like murderous intent, deception, or if someone wants to take advantage of me. However, there's none of that when I'm with you."

° "Oh, my clever grandson ♪♫. It's all thanks to my positive energy. Can't you feel it? The power of my aura?"

° "Yeah," Lost in the moment, he danced to her aura. He felt his heart leaving. The laughter upon her face guided it to that unknown place. He felt safe like never before; it made him want to stay there forever. Bing Shi was like his home; he never knew he had.

° He tightened his arm around her shoulders. "Stop calling me grandson," Ziek interlocked their fingers to let go of Kuro, so he could locate it himself, "How do I pass through your barrier without your approval?"

° "Well, let's say a host is like a key that can bypass the barrier. If we can't obtain the key, we can break through using force. For that, we need greater strength or authority," Bing Shi explained, moving Kuro behind Ren Han. She activated the observer mode. "Can you tell which perspective I'm viewing you from? If you can, use that moment to catch me off guard."

° One eternity later...

° Ziek put his forehead on her shoulder in defeat, "I don't know if something is looking at me, but there's this feeling. Vague, unreliable. Fūck it. I'm tired."

° Sensing his frustration, Bing Shi patted his head. She thought that ZIek couldn't distinguish between emotions and intuition. Emotions were a response to something, while intuition was about feeling and knowing. If she tried to act smart, his frustration would change into irritation. She leaned her head against his, "I'm tired too."