4.63 - Fake Angel - Dangerous Angels

A few of Bing Shi's watchmen's shadows passed over, their movements fluid and soundless. They scattered around the area, taking positions to protect the goods in other carts. Four men surrounded her carriage, slouched against it from all sides, fiddling with their knives, the sparks in their eyes lighting up the starry night.

[Host...]

["Yes, I know."]

Bing Shi picked up her staff, hopped down from her carriage, and skillfully avoided the slash from her right. With deft movements, she disabled the knives from their hands. Her body had become accustomed to Kuro's speed, making these men seem slow in comparison.

Turning around, she struck the empty air, creating a low, swift tune as she rotated her staff to the ground. Using it as a pole, she launched her legs into the air and delivered a powerful kick to one of the men's heads.

The man, who had held back his strength, would now be sent back for harsher training, while the previous one would replace his spot.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

After a few weeks, early in the morning...

"💢." Easily provoked, the man attempted to yank Bing Shi's staff in his direction, while another executed a backflip to leap toward her body, careful not to fall into any of her cunning traps.

When one of them managed to hit her shoulder, everyone recoiled in shock, distancing themselves from Bing Shi with terrified eyes. How could they suddenly stop holding back when their leader, who had eyes and ears everywhere, ordered them to treat Tian Shi like a true Queen?! They looked up at the sky, half-expecting lightning to strike them for daring to harm an angel.

"..." Panting heavily, Bing Shi clutched her bruised left shoulder, grateful that her Darling was currently occupied. Facing off against a group of four men had been unthinkable.

Despite the orders, these men had still chosen to hold back, and she had still ended up injured. If it hadn't been for the fake knives and pikes they used, there might have been a pool of blood seeping from her wounds.

"Miss... His Highness Prince Zhao Rong has arrived," informed one of the watchmen, kneeling before a woman who had yet to finish her training for the day. Sometimes she would train in the morning, other times in the middle of the day, or at night.

Bing Shi regarded the kneeling man, relishing in her Queenly treatment. She offered the end of her staff for a fallen man to grab onto, helping him to his feet.

After she left to change her clothes, everyone ceased their activities. Their vigilance remained on high alert as they momentarily expanded their awareness of their surroundings.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

The trees stood tall against the forest. In the distance, a dark silhouette silhouette on horseback emerged. Reaching nearer Bing Shi's group, a small figure before Zhao Rong had her face covered by a veil, hiding her features.

However, as if responding to everyone's unspoken desire, the veil on her face 'accidentally' slipped away in a strong gust of wind. Gasps of astonishment rippled through the onlookers.

Her flawless face was as delicate and captivating as if a god personally sculpted it. White, smooth skin like snow, was such a contrast to her raven black hair. The girl was none other than Fei Lan.

After taking a beautifying pill, she became a fairy that bestowed her visit into the world of mortals, where merely being in her presence would be considered a sin in itself.

Fei Lan cast a sidelong glance at Bing Shi, who was visibly seething with envy. A triumphant smirk played across her hidden expression.

'So beautiful ♪♫'

'Ah, what to do...'

'I'm so jelly ♪♫'

Zhao Rong's gaze shifted from the stunned onlookers to Fei Lan, his fury reaching a boiling point. Swiftly, he unsheathed his knife and swung it menacingly in Fei Lan's direction. "What did I say about revealing your face to other men?!"

"Ahhhh!" Fei Lan, who had been savoring Bing Shi's envy, barely had enough time to protect her face. Thanks to her fast reflexes, she fell off the horse on time.

"Everyone, turn around and avert your eyes!" Bing Shi exclaimed, her disbelief evident as she covered her mouth and widened her eyes.

This was precisely why she always exercised caution around male leads in every world. Zhao Rong was a different case from Cheng Young; he hadn't become infatuated with her at first sight. Bing Shi suspected Zhao Rong was testing her for some unknown reason, but she couldn't count how many times she had to save herself from near-death experiences.

Responding to Tian Shi's voice, everyone turned their heads away, their thoughts preoccupied by the heaven-defying beauty they had just witnessed.

With no one watching, Zhao Rong dismounted his horse and used his cloak to shield Fei Lan from prying eyes. He attempted to check her for injuries but was met with resistance.

Fei Lan's entire body ached. Had that fake angel somehow hypnotized Zhao Rong? What had gotten into him all of a sudden?! There was no way she'd let him make a spectacle of her in front of Bing Shi. She curled up, her voice weak but defiant. "Don't touch me."

As if the things between them never happened, her harsh tone caused Zhao Rong to grab his knife again, "You disobeyed."

"It was the wind's fault..." Fei Lan snapped back weakly. She knew he was jealous, so could he hurry and pick her up by force to rush towards an infirmary?! To show how apologetic and worried he was? This was supposed to show their greatness, not a theater play where everyone could see their dispute!

'Shall I save the day?'

'Or shall I not?'

Bing Shi, observing the unfolding drama through Kuro's eyes, swiftly turned away and walked off, taking her guards along with her. She had no intention of getting further involved in this chaotic situation.

'Did I overestimate Xuan Mu's ex too much? After seeing how nicely Zhao Rong treated her, I assumed she was a pro. Did I just fall into somebody's trap? Oh no. I shouldn't have bothered to come.'

"Tian Shi, this prince demands your presence!" Zhao Rong's voice roared in Bing Shi's direction, dropping the knife in his hand.

[WARNING: A penalty amounting -10 000p will be imposed the moment Host's actions will cause damage to Zhao Rong's soul. Zhao Rong's condition will be assessed after Host leaves the world.]