5.22 - Cigarettes - The Sleepless Elite's Wife

╔═══ Author's note ════╗

Smoking is bad. Everyone knows it.

If you never smoked before, don't try it. Look at Bing Shi, curiosity killed the cat.

It's definitely not worth it. xD

╚═════════════════╝

With each inhale of his cigarette, the tendrils of smoke spiraled upward in delicate wisps before gradually dispersing into the gym's atmosphere.

Lu Kai sat on the floor by the bench, his posture anything but relaxed. With one hand gripping a cigarette tightly, the other hand supported Bing Shi as she slept soundly in his arms.

The gym's surroundings faded into the background as he appeared to be completely absorbed in watching over her, silently promising to protect her from whatever darkness might come her way again.

Opening her eyes after a brief rest, Bing Shi glanced up and wrinkled her nose at the smoke that traveled up into the ventilation system, "Can I have a drag too, please?"

"No," Lu Kai responded as he lit his third cigarette and took a slow, deliberate drag. He continued to hold Bing Shi close, their bodies pressed together.

The earlier moments of helplessness had taken a toll on him, and the soothing release of nicotine helped him regain his composure, if only for a brief moment.

Bing Shi licked her lips, her gaze fixed on the cigarette in his mouth. She lightly scratched his chest muscles, "Pretty please?"

Lu Kai placed the cigarette before her lips, acknowledging that her current state wasn't any better than his.

He realized that in trying to help her remember, he had opened her old wounds, and now he had a responsibility to stitch them up back. With a sigh, he agreed, "Only one."

Bing Shi nodded obediently, inhaling the small dose of nicotine carefully. Her gaze remained fixed on his long fingers holding the cigarette.

She didn't want to become prey to tobacco addiction again, yet she still wanted to indulge herself in that taboo pleasure, allowing him to take control of this matter.

There were lots of ways how smoke could get from one mouth to another. In a peculiar gesture, Lu Kai chose the most direct way to share the smoke, leaning in for a kiss.

As their lips met, a small amount of smoke passed from his mouth to hers, creating a strange form of intimacy between them.

They found nothing attractive or sexy about cigarettes or their smells. Off-putting would be a better word to describe it. But the sheer affection they had for the other made them do strange stuff, sometimes finding excitement in the oddest things.

Pulling away, Lu Kai took another drag and let Bing Shi take one too. Simultaneously, he slid his hand under her top, sensually stroking her skin, which in turn led to her responding with a grind against his crotch.

Tapping off the ash from the cigarette, Lu Kai's hand traced down into her training trousers, where he firmly gripped her bottom. His fingers sank into her skin, deepening their intimate connection.

Making out while sharing a smoke was an electric experience. They melted into each other's bodies, experiencing a sense of relaxation both mentally and physically.

"One more?" she asked cutely with a tilt of her head.

"No," he replied firmly, resisting the temptation to indulge further in the shared cigarette.

· · ───────── · ⊱❈⊰· ───────── · ·

They both sat there in silence for a moment, still wrapped up in each other's arms. Lu Kai gently stroked her hair, his fingertips tracing soothing patterns. Their previous tension seemed to dissipate.

"Was Silika sēxually active?" Lu Kai asked. He knew if one received another soul's memories it would be like watching a first-person movie. Many scenes and senses would be missing depending on how important the soul viewed its memories.

He didn't care if her body was used, he just didn't want Bing Shi to have a recollection of having intimate relationships with other men.

"There were bad rumors about Silika sleeping with men for money. She kept her memories very PG-rated, so I don't even know if she pooped. I don't remember her being in a serious relationship, all men only viewed her as a one-night stand, not a wife material. I don't think she's a virgin, but I can't remember if she had sēx with other men..."

Bing Shi could feel his erēction underneath and began to rock on him gently, her eyes locked onto his defined abs. Every move gave away his strength, every muscle on his torso flowed from the light into the dark.

Knocking here and groping there, she sniffed at his skin that was so tempting to touch, "You smell like a dirty ashtray."

"You don't say," Lu Kai stubbed the finished cigarette into the ashtray next to him with his right hand while his left one fondled her buttcheek. Taking a sniff of her hair, he grimaced, "You smell like a rundown hotel room stained with cheap cigarette odor."

"囧..." Copying his expression, Bing Shi sniffed her hair in shock, his words weren't far from the truth, "Next time, let's try an e-cigarette? My mom switched to them. They smell nice."

"Bing Shi. Promise me you won't smoke again," Lu Kai held the back of her neck with his hand which held the cigarettes a while ago. As if her sweet potato addiction wasn't enough. Kids out there, learn from this and don't follow in the footsteps of someone who got addicted to nicotine after just one puff.

Lu Kai didn't have a problem with quitting smoking, probably thanks to Ru Quan's resilience against some substances, sheer willpower, and... that's it.

He didn't like smoking at all, it was only a short-term solution with more disadvantages than advantages, but he still tried to understand why Xue Bi liked it. Smoking didn't automatically make one a bad person, or more badass. Xue Bi hated the smell but still fell prey to this legal drug.

Bing Shi looked him in the eyes, so intense, one would get cautious. It was as if they were conveying that there would be no more spoiling; her pampering ended here. The man who would give her the skies prohibited another thing.

They rarely asked for a promise, knowing well how hard it was to keep one's word. She had the sheer power to quit. It was just hard to let go of something that could switch off her mind. She agreed, "Unless someone shoves it down my throat, I promise I won't smoke again."

"Wrong answer." Lu Kai raised his hips, grinding between her tights, "As punishment, I'll have to shove something else down your throat."

Bing Sni shook her head in tension when she saw the candy that appeared on his tongue. Knowing him, it had to be a sour one. She immediately covered her mouth with an attempt to run away, "I was wrong! I was wrong! I'll do everything in my strength to resist the temptation!"

"Correct." Crushing the candy with his teeth, Lu Kai caught her wrist. The corner of his lips curved up into a sly smile, "Now... time for your reward."