19 Look at my new hair

"WAKE UP, DALHAE!!" I jolted awake, my mind still foggy with confusion. Where on earth am I? Hongjoong was there, gripping my shoulders tightly and staring into my eyes. "I'm not dead" I mumbled, attempting to shake off the disorientation.

He sighed in relief and laid down on the boat. He then lifted his head, his voice filled with worry. "I was so scared, woman!" With a soft creak, the boat swayed, causing me to regain my senses.

He pressed his hand against his chest, a pained expression on his face. "I couldn't bear to endure that once more. My heart, I fear, would refuse to follow suit this time" He whispered so quietly that I almost didn't catch it. Confusion clouded my thoughts as I furrowed my brows, unable to grasp the true meaning behind his words.

I scanned the surroundings of the boat, only to realize that we were still stuck in the vast expanse of the ocean. Like, we didn't even move. The sun's rays beat down upon us, causing me to squint.

"Now what, mister vampire? How do we go back home?"

He settled himself down. "Well, I have the map. It's easy-" He declared confidently. But as he scanned our surroundings, I could see panic wash over him. His eyes grew bigger. "Um..."

"What again?" I pressed, my patience waning.

"I might have left it down there in the depths of the ocean..." He confessed.

"Seriously? You're a pirate, for goodness' sake! Shouldn't you know these areas like the back of your hand?" I retorted, my disbelief evident.

"Haha, no. I don't actually know these parts. I'm not from here" He chuckled, irritation lacing his voice.

"Stupid," I turned away from him. "And why did you kiss me twice! Once would have been fine"

I shot him a glare as he absentmindedly touched his lips. As if that was the first time he ever kissed someone. "I couldn't help myself" He teased, a mischievous smirk playing on his lips.

"Well, don't think your charm will always get you what you want" I retorted, instantly regretting my choice of words. Why did I have to say that?

He glared back at me. "Yes, it will"

I stretched my head from side to side ready to get out of this burning sun. With a determined resolve, I started the motor, and we glided across the water once again. My gaze couldn't help but notice a change in his complexion; his skin had returned to its original pale state. It was as if the kiss had somehow brought him back to his human form for an instant. But that couldn't be possible, could it?

As my gaze lingered on him, it seemed like he caught on and shifted his attention towards me while never faltering in his guidance of the boat. "I tried my best to transfer my energy to help you breathe underwater, but I'm not as powerful as I once was," His eyes darted between me and the water ahead. "Sorry" He coughed, sounding mighty uncomfortable saying that word.

"Wasn't that bad, huh?" I said with a smile, only teasing him. Two can play the game, captain. Without thinking, I casually rested my hand on his shoulder, and he immediately jerked away, as if I had just committed a heinous crime. "What was that?" I asked.

"You... your hand... I felt a shock" He stammered, his eyes widening in surprise. "Really? I didn't feel anything?" I responded, gently placing my hand on his cheek. The blush that quickly spread across his face betrayed his attempt to remain unfazed. He turned away quickly. Oh, I saw it alright. You're not as slick as you think.

Why is he so cute all of a sudden? It's making me smile.

We had been on the ocean for what felt like hours. My stomach rumbled. I'm so hungry! And to add insult to injury, our motor decided to call it quits. Just like that.
Hongjoong knelt down beside it, simply staring at the lifeless contraption. "I believe we have encountered a slight issue"