30 Riddle me this

(Hongjoong's pov)

"Really, mister Hongjoong? Psychics?" Dalhae's skepticism hung heavy between us, her doubt as clear as the bright moon above.

I scanned the tents, searching for a sign, a clue to lead me to the answers I sought. "There's one here that I really need to see. But which one? I do not know. Let's enter every tent" I suggested, my voice determined.

"Why didn't you mention this earlier? Why do you even need to see a psychic?" Dalhae's frustration simmered beneath her words, a mix of emotions swirling in her gaze.

Admitting the truth weighed heavily on my chest. "I need to know what's happening with me" I confessed with a sigh, feeling the gravity of my unspoken fears press against my ribcage.

"What?" I grasped her hand tightly and led her into the first tent. Inside, a young woman sat at a worn, round table. Her appearance seemed peculiar for a psychic, her attire appearing rather inexpensive.

"Are you lovebirds here to inquire about when you'll get married?" She sneered, a smug smile playing on her lips.

"No, thank you" I swiftly responded, guiding Dalhae out of the tent. She stared at me, her eyes wide with concern.

"Mister Hongjoong, wait!" Dalhae's plea echoed behind me as I led her into the second tent

Another woman, much younger, sat behind a table. What kind of place is this? None of them appear to be genuine, with their fake cards laid out in front of them.

We took our seats, facing her. I already have my doubts about this psychic, but let's see what she has to say. "So, you both want to know about your relationship?" She said, her gaze fixed on me. Do I have something on my face?

With a flick of her wrist, she shuffled the deck and instructed each of us to choose a card. She twisted the cards in her fingers before showing them to us. "Wow. You two are truly destined to be together, just look!" She exclaimed, excitement in her voice.

I glanced down at the cards, only to find that it conveyed something completely different from her words.

I rose from my seat and stood there. Dalhae stared at me, bewildered. "Thank you" I muttered before exiting the tent.

I observed Dalhae handing them some money, it appeared. Wearily, she let out a sigh upon catching sight of me.

"Nothing is free in life. You better pay me back for everything, you know what that means?" She uttered, visibly exasperated with me.

"I don't have enough money for chicken nuggets" I responded with a tinge of sadness, looking down. 

A chuckle escaped Dalhae's lips. I yearned to say something to ease the tension. But there was something I needed to know here, something I couldn't shake.

But suddenly, a strange vibration jolted my senses. My eyes widened in surprise, and I couldn't help but feel a twinge of unease. "There's a buzzing sensation on my backside" I stated calmly, trying to make sense of the peculiar occurrence.

"Oh! It's Seonghwa's phone," She exclaimed, swiftly retrieving the device from my back pocket. A shiver ran down my spine at her touch, heightening my curiosity.

"Speaking of the devil, I'm sure it's him" She remarked, peering at the glowing screen. Perplexed, I scanned our surroundings. "Where?" I inquired, searching for any signs of the supposed devil.

Dalhae let out a laugh. "That's just an expression" She reassured me before answering the call.

"Hey! What's up?" Her voice echoed in my ears as she walked a little further away, leaving me alone. Doesn't she remember that I can hear her with my vampire abilities? I huffed, slightly annoyed.