20 Only one room left?!

"No grandma, we're not married"

"You two look just like my husband and I when we first got married. It's bringing back such wonderful times," Despite my attempts to clarify the situation, I could see that she was lost in her own world of cherished recollections. She even gently wiped away tears from the corners of her eyes.

"There's only one room left. It's really busy tonight, but perfect for you two love birds" She added, smiling our way.

I turned around, taking a deep breath, feeling a surge of irritation. As if a run down motel would only have one room left.

"We'll take the room. Thank you" Hongjoong politely accepted the key, leaving me bewildered by his calm response. He would for sure have complained a little, but he's so calm right now. As if he was enjoying the idea of us being married.

I followed him down the outside corridor towards our designated room, unable to contain my curiosity any longer. "Why didn't you complain?" I squinted my eyes, trying to make sense of his unusual behavior.

Hongjoong let out a small chuckle, almost coming out as a huff. "It would have been pointless. Besides, we've already shared a bed before. Remember the first time we laid eyes on each other?"

I couldn't help but retort sarcastically, "Ah, yes. The time you nearly ended my life"

"Indeed" He replied, a mischievous glint in his eyes. This darn vampire.

He unlocked the door and we proceeded to enter. It's really, umm.. well, it's a motel room. The decor was a colorful clash of retro patterns and mismatched furniture. A garish lamp in the shape of a peacock cast a gaudy light over the room, and the bedspread looked like it belonged in a bad 80s movie.

"This is the strangest room I've ever laid my eyes upon" Hongjoong gazed around with furrowed brows.

"Indeed fancy boy, this is quite the fabulous room" I said as I playfully tapped his shoulder. He turned to me, trying to hide a smirk.

I suddenly felt a shiver run down my whole body. In hindsight, leaping into the frigid depths might not have been the best idea. I don't feel so good. Cold water mixed with fatigue, not a good mix.

I sat down on the hard bed. No kidding, it's almost like it's just a wood plank underneath these covers. My head started spinning.

"You're not okay" Hongjoong sat next to me.

"I think just a good night of sleep will be great. I'll be better tomorrow" I reassured him, trying to sound more confident than I actually feel.

"Lay down" He urged, his voice filled with concern.

"No, no. you can" I insisted, fighting off the drowsiness that threatened to overwhelm me.

"I won't sleep, I can't" He sighed, his gaze dropping to the floor.

My eyes grew heavy with exhaustion, almost closing on their own accord. Yet, even in my tired state, I couldn't ignore the pain laced within Hongjoong's words. I mustered the last of my energy and murmured softly, "And why is that?"

"I fear I may cease to exist if I make the attempt. I have slept for far too long, and now I must face the consequences" He confessed, his voice heavy with resignation.

"Whoa, so you'll go away in black sparkles?" I mumbled, feeling the weight of his words settling heavily in my chest. "Oh no.. You'll die.." I whispered, almost afraid to speak the words aloud.

"But now I have something worth protecting" He said, his eyes meeting mine.

"Ah, your fancy mansion" I replied, nodding confidently.