32 Farewell, Neverland

Wow, so this is my fate. Getting killed by a vampire who will suck all of my blood? Yeah, I should have seen it coming, to be honest.

The vampire leaped down from the tree, landing directly in front of me. I couldn't help but notice his towering height. I braced myself, expecting him to attack, but to my surprise, he extended his hand toward me.

What? Confusion washed over me as I cautiously reached out and took his hand. With a firm tug, he pulled me up effortlessly. I quickly brushed off leaves and dirt, bewildered by his unexpected gesture.

"What was that about? Aren't you suppose to suck my blood and burry my body after?" I blurted out, unable to suppress my curiosity. At this point, I've already envisioned the worst scenarios in my head. I narrowed my eyes as I studied his face.

The vampire chuckled, his voice smooth as silk. "Oh, my dear, that's just a myth perpetuated by those dreadful novels and movies. I prefer a more... consensual approach"

I forced a laugh, my unease evident as I retreated a few steps. "Haha, that's a good one"

I turned back and began running away. I know, stupid idea. Looking back constantly, I failed to notice the large tangle of tree vines on the ground. I stumbled down and winced in pain as my foot made unfortunate contact. Brilliant move, really. I had always believed I was smarter than that, but apparently, I was mistaken.

Before I could catch my breath, the vampire materialized right before me. Dealing with Hongjoong was already overwhelming, and now I'm on an island full of them?!

So, I was well aware of what needed to be done. It might bruise my pride, but it seemed to be my destiny after all.

"Kill me now! Stop playing with me and just do it!" I exclaimed, thrusting my neck towards him. I knew I must have appeared dramatic, perhaps even unhinged, but I couldn't bring myself to care. He chuckled, finding amusement in my fear. Mean guy.

Yet, he remained idle, not taking any action. I squinted my eyes and sat down on the tree vines that had hurt me. "Listen, I'm willingly giving you my blood, man" I added, a hint of disbelief lacing my voice.

His intense gaze followed my eyes, making it impossible for me to look away. The staring contest had begun, and I couldn't back down.

But wait, is he... blushing?

"Darling," He said, stepping closer to me. "I must apologize for the misunderstanding. I have no intention of killing you. In fact, I find you rather... intriguing"

"No thanks" I replied, wincing as I held onto my throbbing foot.

He took another step closer, his eyes filled with a hunger that has nothing to do with blood. My body tensed as I looked at him, trying to decipher his intentions.

He came so close that I had to instinctively place my hands on his chest to halt his advance. "Wait! Don't you think it's going way too fast?! Wait!" He pressed closer, his strength undeniable. "Wait, wait! Let's take the time to get to know each other, okay? What's your name?!" I blurted out, feeling a surge of panic as I was now pushed against a tree.

I felt him stop coming closer, he even withdrew. His eyes softened looking at me. "No one has ever asked me for my name before" He said gently, placing a hand over his heart.

I let out a relieved sigh. "Well then, I'm happy I could be the first one" I said, trying to sound sweet. Otherwise, I might end up as a vampire snack.

He took a big breath. "I'm Yeonjun"

"Well, hello Yeonjun, I'm Dalhae" I replied, but my gaze quickly shifted downward to my foot, which was swelling from the impact.