Chapter 35

Elena's breaking point had arrived. She was no longer willing to endure the cruelty, the deception, and the brutality of the kingdom she had been forced into. With a newfound determination, she decided to take matters into her own hands. The cuff that bound her was a symbol of her captivity, a constant reminder of the shackles placed on her life.
She began to explore every possible method to remove the cuff. Day and night, she tested its strength, searched for weak points, and tried various tools she could find within the castle. But the kings had ensured that this cuff was unlike any other; it was a symbol of their control over her, and they had designed it to be impenetrable.
Despite the relentless frustration and countless failed attempts, Elena refused to give up. She knew that escaping this gilded cage was her only chance for freedom, and she was determined to achieve it, no matter the cost.
In her quest for liberation, Elena used her time wisely. She discreetly gathered information, observed the castle's security patterns, and eavesdropped on conversations between guards and servants. Every piece of knowledge she acquired brought her one step closer to her goal. But she also realized that she couldn't do it alone. Elena needed allies, individuals who shared her desire for change and were willing to defy the oppressive rule of the kings. She reached out to those who had shown her kindness, the few servants who had secretly offered her assistance during her time of need.
Together, they formed a covert network, planning and strategizing their escape. They knew that they had to be cautious, for the kings had eyes and ears everywhere. Their rebellion had to remain hidden until the right moment to strike.
As Elena's preparations progressed, she couldn't help but wonder about the Moon Goddess's plan. Had her transformation into a lycan been a part of this greater scheme? Did the Moon Goddess intend for her to challenge the status quo and bring about change in the kingdom? With each passing day, Elena's resolve grew stronger. She envisioned a kingdom where omegas and lycans were treated with respect and dignity, where brutality and oppression had no place. She dreamed of a world where the Moon Goddess's grace truly shone, where her people could live in harmony and peace.
Elena knew that the path ahead would be perilous and that the kings would not relinquish their power easily. But she had endured enough suffering and witnessed enough cruelty. She was ready to defy fate, ready to forge her own destiny, and ready to fight for a future where the cuff around her wrist was nothing more than a distant memory. Elena's plan was carefully crafted, born out of necessity and her unyielding desire for freedom. She knew that gaining the trust of the kings was essential if she wanted to execute her escape plan successfully. Pretending to be the ever-dutiful mate and omega was her means to that end. With a newfound determination, Elena began to play her part convincingly. She joined the kings in their daily routines, attending to their needs, and showering them with the attention they expected from their omega. She listened to their concerns, offered her comfort, and did her best to make herself indispensable to them.
As she spent more time with the kings, Elena carefully observed their behaviors and routines. She learned their schedules, the guards' shifts, and the layout of the castle. She discreetly gathered information about the cuff, hoping to find a weakness or vulnerability that could aid in her eventual escape.
Elena's act became so convincing that even the kings began to let their guard down. They started to believe that she had accepted her role as their omega, and perhaps their emotional bond deepened in response. Little did they know that Elena was merely biding her time, waiting for the perfect moment to make her move.

She maintained her alliance with the secret network of servants who were sympathetic to her cause. They provided her with crucial information, which she used to refine her plan further. Elena knew that the key to her escape was timing—she had to strike when the castle was least guarded and the kings were least suspicious.
Despite the progress she was making, Elena could not ignore the torment and suffering that surrounded her. The cries of the oppressed omegas, the brutality of the kingdom, and the injustices committed daily weighed heavily on her heart. She knew that her escape was not just for her own freedom but for the hope of bringing change to this kingdom.
As days turned into weeks, Elena's patience and resilience were put to the test. The kings continued to trust her more, and the day drew closer when they might finally remove the cuff. Elena could almost taste her impending freedom, but she remained vigilant, knowing that her escape had to be executed flawlessly.
Elena was determined to break free from her golden cage and, in doing so, shatter the chains that bound her people. She was ready to risk it all to lead a rebellion, to challenge the kings' ruthless rule, and to bring about the change the kingdom so desperately needed. The kings watched Elena closely, their keen eyes focused on her every move. To them, it seemed like she was gradually embracing her role as their mate and omega. Her attentiveness, her efforts to meet their expectations, and her apparent acceptance of her place in the kingdom had started to make an impact.
They discussed her behavior in private, sharing their thoughts on what appeared to be a positive change in Elena. Alaric believed that their patience and occasional displays of kindness were finally breaking through her resistance. Dreagan, always the more pragmatic of the two, remained cautiously optimistic. He knew that appearances could be deceiving, and Elena might be biding her time.
As the days passed, they allowed her more freedom within the castle, trusting her to move about without constant supervision. They even began to discuss the possibility of removing the cuff, feeling that she was growing more submissive and less inclined to escape.
But while the kings believed they were gaining her trust, Elena was silently and carefully biding her time. She knew that she needed to maintain this facade until the right moment presented itself. Elena was well aware that they still held the key to her freedom in the form of that cuff, and she couldn't risk alerting them prematurely.
The tension in the castle grew as Elena's act became more convincing. It was a delicate dance between trust and deception.